Questions about Bermuda

Needtobecruisin'

Hi,

We are thinking about cruising to Bermuda this fall on NCL Majesty out of Charleston, SC. I have a couple of questions.

1. Since Bermuda will be our only port for 3½ days, are the ships at a dock or do you have to tender?

2. Are you allowed to board the ship for dinner and then leave the ship again to do more things on shore and if so, what time do you have to be back on the ship for the night?

3. What are the "must see and do" things in Bermuda? Neither of us care for swimming, snorkeling, etc.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

The ships dock at either King's Wharf, Hamilton or St. George. No tenders unless the ship is VERY big, Queen Mary has to tender her passangers.

In port you can get on and off the ship at will, however, in Bremuda some ships move from Hamilton to St. George very early AM. As you leave the ship there will be information in you daily guide as to when the ship departs. They will also make announcemets. If your ship is in port overnight, go on and off as you please. Be aware that after hours busses stop running and cabs cost more. Front Street, where all the shops are usually closes down by 10:30PM Restaurants stay open longer. Remember, Bermuds is safe, but use common sense. If this is your first trip, go with either ships sponsored tours or rent a caxi for the day for a fun filled informative day. They charge by the hour, not by the passanger so $6 per hour is pretty good, when busses cost $4 pp each way and more later at night.Busses are fine if you don't mind slow and crowded. One yere we bought bus passes and went by bus all around the island for 4 days. Lovely people were very helpful Look for the government sponsored tour guides. ENJOY !!!!!!!!

You will have a blast in Bermuda I havve been there 2x's and going back next July (2007) for my 3rd time..If you like golf there are more golf courses per sq. mile there then any where else on earth:) ...Also if you would like some more infomation check out this web site, it hass all the points of intrest and great maps:

http://www.bermudahotels.com/maps/island-map.html

I hoe this information helps you out:)

The NCL Majesty docks at St George and stays there you can get on or off to your hearts content any time except for one hour before it sails. If you don't care for a sand vacation, Bermuda is not that impressive, IMO. Also NCL has a dire around program that allows you to have one meal on shore for a nominal amount- check this board and the NCL Board for the Dire around or Dine A shore option. Personally Carriage house is among the nicest places to eat and is on the Dine a round program. The shopping is not so good and is expensive. This is an expensive Island. You can get a bus/ferry pass and get all around the island. Hamilton is interesting. You can bike(auxiliary cycle) on the old railroad right of way which is interesting.

St. George has a couple of really fun souvenir shops. They are full of reasonably priced, mass-produced items. There are some really great shops, but they are very expensive. Enjoy a nice frozen coffee drink at Caffe Latte. (Also an internet cafe)...much cheaper than on the ship. The Carriage House Restaurant is definitely worth trying. The food is excellent there. We use our Dine Ashore coupons there every time. As for things to do, the beaches are beautiful, and Tobacco Bay is within walking distance from the ship. (About 20 minutes) Uphill both ways...NO just kidding. It just seems that way in the heat. The Crystal Caves are nice. My favorite thing to do is the Horse and Carriage Ride. It's so relaxing, and a really nice way to tour St. George. Buy a bus pass and go over to Hamilton. It's definitely city-like, whereas St. George is very quaint, but it's nice to see. There are way more shops there. Just thought I'd post some suggestions. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. I'm going again on October 1, and I can't wait.

You will have a blast in Bermuda I havve been there 2x's and going back next July (2007) for my 3rd time..If you like golf there are more golf courses per sq. mile there then any where else on earth:) ...Also if you would like some more infomation check out this web site, it hass all the points of intrest and great maps:

http://www.bermudahotels.com/maps/island-map.html

I hoe this information helps you out:)

Those maps are wonderful! Thanks so much for posting that link. For the first time I can see where the golf courses, etc. are in relation to the different docks. That makes it much easier to figure out which day to book which excursion, etc. Thank you again!!

Cheryl

Archived