Rhapsody good for kids (ages 10 and 6)?

We are thinking about going on a cruise from Galveston. It will be my DH and our two boys who will be ages 10 and 6 at cruise time. I have been looking at the Rhapsody and Conquest. The Rhapsody is significantly cheaper and it looks beautiful. My only concern is that I am wondering if there is enough to do onboard for my kids. What do you guys think? Also, it would in 2007 and which would be a better itinerary (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel or Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya, Progreso) if we chose the Rhapsody? Our family had only been on one other cruise which Disney, and they had a blast. One note, I am the only one in my family that swims well if that is a factor. I would definitely appreciate any information. Thanks. Oh, one final question, is it better to book early or closer to cruise time with RCCL?

We just got off Rhapsody last week (boo-hoo)...my kids really enjoyed the Adventure Ocean kids program. They are ages 9/boy and 7/girl...they weren't even in the same program (theres 6-8 and 9-11) but enjoyed the star wars night, festival night, pirate night, scavenger hunts for the older ones, ball games, science experiments (that made candy) and art projects. I was surprised that they wanted to go ALL THE TIME. We were with grandparents, aunt/uncle and cousins. The hours are usually8-1145, 2-5 and 7-10...they have 10-1pm if you want to pay $5 an hour for those last 3 hours.

We enjoyed feeding stingrays in cayman, dunns river falls in ocho rios and xel-ha in cozymel ...ask any more questions, I'll try and check back.

I am sure the program is much smaller than disney, we have never been on a disney cruise yet. My kids probably are past the character age anyway, but still....

Thanks for the information. It sounds like there are several things to keep them occupied during the day. Do you remember if there were scheduled activities that the family could participate in during the day if the kids were with us some of the time rather than the kids clubs? I just remember on Disney they had paper airplane making, kite making, and art class that we did as a family. Does RCCL have anything similar? Thanks.

I've never been on the Rhapsody but I have been on both RCCL and DCL with kids. And you just can't go wrong with the Adventure Club at RCCL.

Also, to answer your question about booking, it's always the best to book as early as possible. When you book, you lock in your rate and it can never increase. It CAN decrease though. So if your category takes a price drop, then just call your travel agent and tell them. RCCL will lower your rate.

Have a great time!

We went on the excusions when in port.

Some family activites were towel folding demonstration (my kids loved it), bingo, arts and crafts, scrapbooking, ping pong tournament, shuffle board tournament, ship tour, family line dancing, rock climbing wall, family karaoke..and the usual poolside events and games.... line dancing, bean bag competitions, ice sculpture demonstration, games and more.

The Rhapsody main pool is small and easy to watch your child. Half of it is about 1-2 feet deep, with a "layout ledge" all around it which would be perfect if the kids don't swim well. Also there are 4 jacuzzis with shaded awnings which are safe for non swimmers.

We were on the Rhapsody from 4-11 June, we have all the cruise compasses for all of the Adventure club programs from that week. If you would like I can send a copy of them to you.

Just let me know.

We were on the Rhapsody from 4-11 June, we have all the cruise compasses for all of the Adventure club programs from that week. If you would like I can send a copy of them to you.

Just let me know.

We're taking our grandkids ages 8 and 10 and I'd love to have a copy! If don't mind you can email them to me at rcris@cox.net

Thanks!!!

I have sent out the CCs for the 6-8 year old group. Will try to get the older groups done and sent out by Sunday.

Thanks for being patient.

If anyone has any trouble with the files let me know.

Archived