How far are the resorts from the cruise dock?

FreedomBride07

We were grouped with 8 other people (10 total including the 2 of us) to go to Sunset Beach and the cost was $2 per person to go there. When you are docking in Jamaica, you can see the hotel (two yellow towers) from the boat. It probably took us 5 minutes to get there and that time includes all 10 of us getting in and out of the vehicle. It is very close, but I would not suggest walking by yourself anywhere on the island. Take the taxi for safety. We also went to Margaritaville which is a little further from the dock. Total taxi was $12 pp x2 and we tipped about $3 because the guy waited for us all day and we felt pretty safe because of this.

Are you speaking of the docks in Ocho Rios? I remember 2 yellow tower like buildings from the last time I was in Och Rios. I could not really tell what they were, wasnt sure if it was housing or a hotel. What does Sunset Beach Resort offer? I am still undecided about what to do this time in Ocho Rios.

No, we were in Montego Bay. I think that there is a good distance between Ocho Rios and Mo Bay - 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Don't know for sure but I have heard of people going to Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios and there was a good drive to get there.

http://www.sunsetbeachjamaica.com/

Sunset had the beach, kayaks, snorkeling (bring your own), paddleboats, the waterslides, SWIMUP BAR!! (that was great), other pools. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the half nude woman laying in the middle of the beach for ALL to see. My fiancee says that this was the best part of his day!!!!!

Archived