Galveston wher do you fly & Stay

SAILERIE

Hello Everyone, I am starting to do my spring cruise planning. I was looking to sail out of Galveston TX. Where is the best place to fly into? Does anyone have any great ideas as where to stay pre cruise.

Thank you

Dennis

You have to fly into Houston, either Intercontinental or Hobby, Hobby is much closer.

For Hotel information use this forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

also, you can read lots of information on the port forum for Galveston. I recommend the Harbor House, you have a view of the pier from your Hotel, you can arrange to park there while you are gone, free cont. breakfast.

There are lots of great places to stay in Galveston, but DO NOT stay at the Flagship Hotel. Sounds like a neat concept - a hotel built on a concrete pier jutting out over the ocean. But there have been major issues with the hotel (like mold, etc) besides management changing.

We live near Tulsa so we drive because it is only 9 hours from home.

There are a lot of hotels in Galveston, but make a reservation! With several ships loading and unloading passengers during the weekend, the hotels fill fast!

We stayed at the Flagship in 2004 and had no problem. But that was 2 years ago and I have heard bad reports about them since.

I m flying into Houston Hobby. Its the cloest airport to Galveston. I would make sure I get a hotel in Galveston. I am staying at the Howard Johnson. They will let you park your car there for the week for free. You do however, have to take a taxi to the pier for around $10 plus tip. I am having my cousin who lives outside Houston to pick me up. You can rent a car to get you to Galveston or check out a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and drive you to your hotel. You can also have them pick you up after the cruise and take you back to Hobby airport. I am sure other people will be of help to you on this board. This is a great forum.

Robb

Archived