We're 'Dancin' in the Street'....

Robin7

...er...well, at least in the kitchen anyway. We just returned this morning from our business trip to the Big Island, Hawaii, and our cruise documents for our July 28th Alaska cruise onboard the Zaandam (also business related) were waiting for us in our kitchen. WAHOO! :D

Our cabin assignment was on the documents, and I'm pleased to report the Upgrade Fairy is alive and well. We booked an E and were assigned a D, completely skipping DD and DA. Verrrrrrrrry nice. Thank you, Upgrade Fairy!

Having just spent a week at our first land-based resort, we've come to a new appreciation for cruising. We HATE having to decide where to eat! We love just going to the dining room. So dinnertime comes around in Hawaii and our conversation goes something like this:

"Where do you want to eat?"

"I dunno. Where do you want to eat?"

"I dunno. I don't want Italian."

"Okay. I don't want Chinese."

"The steakhouse the other night wasn't really that great."

"How about Subway????"

No kidding. More often than not we ended up at some bad (but cheap!) fast food establishment OFF the resort. Or having peanut butter on crackers and baby carrots. We LOVE cruising even more now!!!! (Then again, maybe we're just weird. A total possiblity.)

Robin (giddy after flying home on the red-eye. UGH.)

lol congrats on the docs. i know those arguments very well. my best friend and i shared an apt. every night her and fiancee would argue where to eat. im hungry. where do you wanna go? i dont know where do you wanna go? (this goes on for half an hour) then comes the well i cant have this its too late for it, ok we wont do that how about this. i dont think i can do that. by the time they decided it was 2 am and the wendys at the end of the street was the only thing open and close.

Good for you! Now if I could just figure out how to take a business-related cruise!

Are you an accountant or Enrolled Agent? This is the cruise we're doing:

http://www.taxspeaker.com/alaska_cruise.asp My husband is one of the technology speakers. There are about 25 attendees at this time, and I know the fellow organizing it would love more!:D

Robin

Robin;

I'm on your cruise with you, and while I am an accountant, I think I'll pass on the seminar :). I am noticing also that there is a spiritual seminar onboard of some type; maybe that is why we get nothing on the roll call board. Between them and your seminar, I'm betting it's taking up at least half the ship.

I am looking sooooo forward to this trip.

Larry

I am noticing also that there is a spiritual seminar onboard of some type; maybe that is why we get nothing on the roll call board. Between them and your seminar, I'm betting it's taking up at least half the ship.

Where did you find the information about the spiritual seminar? Interesting.

I'm looking forward to it, too! I love cruising and Alaska is so beautiful. I'm currently looking at buying a new lens for my camera as I'd like to take some really good pictures.

Robin

Archived