Another formal night question

Ju1es

Hi Everyone

I am going on a RCI cruise this summer and I am not sure about the formal nights. I have posted three pictures of dresses and I was hoping that someone could tell me if any of them are appropriate. I have a dress similar to the last one - is this the type of dresses that women wear to formal night? If so, do I have to buy another fancy dress for the second night or would one of the other styles be appropriate?

Also, what do you wear in the dining room on a regular night? A skirt and top? A sundress? More dressy? Thanks so much for any replies.

gp380235-03p01v01.jpg

B000FKDOCQ.01-A10FHFRJZ0GJG3._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS500_V53147815_.jpg

B000FJUJTI.01-A10FHFRJZ0GJG3._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS500_V52784548_.jpg

Hi Everyone

I am going on a RCI cruise this summer and I am not sure about the formal nights. I have posted three pictures of dresses and I was hoping that someone could tell me if any of them are appropriate. I have a dress similar to the last one - is this the type of dresses that women wear to formal night? If so, do I have to buy another fancy dress for the second night or would one of the other styles be appropriate?

Also, what do you wear in the dining room on a regular night? A skirt and top? A sundress? More dressy? Thanks so much for any replies.

Okay, just MHO:

For the first dress, you'll get different opinions. It depends on the type of fabric it's made of. If it's a more formal fabric, it would be fine, but from the looks of it in the picture I think it would be more appropriate for a non-formal evening.

Dress two looks casual in the picture and would be perfect for a non-formal night.

Dress three is very appropriate for formal night--beautiful!

Cheers!

Jayne

Dress #3 is perfect for formal night.

I like dress #1 but I can't tell what kind of fabric it's made of. It almost looks like a sundress but I can't really tell. Dress #2 would be perfect for one of the alternative restaurants or a non-formal night.

On casual nights I wear black pants with bright colored blouses, or white jeans with pastel tops that are long enough to cover the pockets. I wear sandals with the pastels and low black heels with the slacks. Sometimes I wear a flowy, flowery skirt. A sundress would be perfect.

If sticking to the truly Formal night...dress No. 3 would be PERFECT! I love dress No. 2...great for non-formal or casual nights. Where is it from?

That one is from Sears.

Thanks for all your opinions! That gives me a better idea.

I liked 1 and 3-those would be best for the 2 formal nights. Dress 2 could be worn to Chops or Portofinos. You will see people wearing dresses like that on formal night but I like a dress to be at least cocktail-to me that was just a dressy sundress.

Archived