ABC store or other

lomillerin

Any store to buy bottled water, soda, cheap boogie board, sand toys, etc... super close to the Marriott Waikiki Beach Hotel?

We want to buy a few things before we cruise. We are only there one night pre-cruise.

Is it feaseable to get these things and carry them on the ship the first day? Can we check it in with our other luggage or would we have to carry it on ourselves? We are planning on doing several beach days on the cruise and the kids want some items to bring with them.

I drink lots of water-like 5 to 6 bottles a day.

If you don't want to carry the items to the ship along with all of your bags,etc, I would go ahead and check onto the ship, and then walk off and go to the convenience store right at the pier in the Aloha Marketplace, they have all of the items that you mention. There are a number of shops in this "mall" and it is just steps away from where the ship is docked. It would be your quickest and easiest stop for all of the little "necessities". You are free to come and go onto the ship after you check in. as long as you are onboard 30 minutes before sailing.

I don't know that I've seen beach chairs or unbrella at the ABC stores, but I could be wrong. You can get all kinds of water and the like, although the prices might be better away from the strip. They do have the roll up mats at dirt cheap prices. Ask to get on their mailing list for their catalogue - it's a great breath of island air to receive that in the dead of winter.

Charlie

Nicknak

Cheap beach chairs and umbrellas-- you will do better for those items at either Kmart or Walmart--each runs shuttles from the piers in each port, or if you are renting a car, they are all fairly close to the dock, but not walking distance. If you have kids going,think about getting some inflatable rafts etc, or depending on their age and level of water experiece, they have styrofoam boogie boards, all these are great to use and then pitch at your last beach. ABC is a great place for inflatables, bamboo beach mats, snacks, souveniers, sunglasses (if you lose your good ones in the surf!), t shirts,sunscreen, and they are located --EVERYWHERE--on every island, sometimes two or three in the same block! It just wouldn't be a Hawaiiian vacation to go home without a trip to ABC. I think that they do have chairs and umbrellas in some of the larger ABC stores, but not all.:)

Not too far fom the tower is a Kmart....If you walk out of the tower parking lot and take a left, you will walk over a bridge and around the curve to the left. On the right hand side across from Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch and Crab is the Kmart. Its about a 10-15 minute walk. I only mention it if you cant find what you need at ABC.

Archived