Questions about weddings on the cruise ships.

HEY ALL,:p

NEW TO THE BOARDS, NEWAYS, I WAS JUST WONDERING WHEN YOU BOOK A WEDDING ON A CRUISE SHIP DOES EACH GUEST PAY FOR THERE ON TICKET, ARE IS IT ONE SET PRICE? ME, MY MOM, AND MY BEST FRIEND, AND MY MOMS BEST FRIEND, IS TAKING OUR FIRST CRUISE EVER AUGUST 28, 2004 OUT OF NEW ORLEANS, THE HOILDAY. NEWAYS THAT EXPLAINS WHY I DONT HAVE MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CRUISING:) I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT IT B/C ME AND MY B/F OF 2 YEARS IS THINKING ABOUT THAT ARE EITHER GETTING MARRIED IN PORT, SO WHICH IS BETTER IN PORT ARE ON THE SHIP..

THANKS MUCH,

AMBER

CARNIVAL HOILDAY.... AUGUST 28, 2004

1ST CRUISE

Welcome to cruising, Amber! :)

We married while on a cruise, but married in port at St John, US Virgin Islands. We chose to marry off the ship so we could be barefoot in the sand at the water's edge when exchanging our vows. Our guests paid for their own cruise, and we covered everything for the wedding/reception, including transportation. The reception was on board a chartered catamaran, so our guests basically got a free sail for part of the day while we were in port. If you click on one of the links in my signature, it will take you to pictures while another link will take you to a review that gives even more info.

Enjoy your first cruise! And definitely read as much as you can here on Cruise Critic - there is a lot of information you can find in the posts.

• 2 weeks later...

We got married on the Carnival Glory last August. We opted for in port at Port Canaveral before we left, so we were done with the wedding and had the whole week to have fun. We thought it was great, so if you are considering it contact Carnival or any other line's wedding planner and get the info. We checked a bunch of lines and they all have different options, so get tehm all and then choose. Good luck and happy cruising.

We are Sailing on the Voyager (RCL) this coming November and getting married @ the Frenchmans Reef Marriott in St. THomas. After comparing all the pro's and cons we think getting married on one of the islands would make the day so much more exciting. Make sure you research the boards on the wedding coordinators that the ships offer. I noticed allot of disaster stories with Cruise line coordinators. If your considering Marriage on board, make sure you look at RCL, they have a amazing looking chapel on the top deck. As for cost, getting married on the island can be cheaper than at port depending on how fancy you want to get.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

You listed the Frenchmans Reef Marriott in St. Thomas as your wedding site. Which coordinator are you using? I assume (I know - big mistake in assuming things) it's not Royal Romance, since I was told they book exclusively with Bolongo Bay Resort.

What were the factors for your decision?

rail

A Rail:

RE: "I still haven't figured out how to get my Harley on the ship!"

I am having a few issues on this thread??

#1. I tried to reply to your Harley problem previously and when I did the statement quoted above dissappeared from the thread. Today it is back? Is anyone else having the calender and/or text disappearing??

#2. As for Harley... is Harley what I think it is(?) or is it a pet or Husband? In any event, ziploc bags come in really handy when packing. They make them in all sizes. Try getting "Harley" into one- make sure to squeeze the air out!

Just trying to be helpful!

Archived