Fishing in Dawson City????

agabbymama

We will be on the HAL cruisetour and will have a free day in Dawson City. The only fishing I can find is in Whitehorse and that's too far away. Does anyone know if there is fishing close by in Dawson City? I've searched the Internet to no avail.:confused:

There's fishing in the Dawson area, but there isn't much catching! Seriously, though, there are no fishing guides, but you may find someone who will take you on the Yukon River for salmon in late July and August, or for grayling in the Klondike River.

Murray

Thanks for the info Yukon. Guess I will just have to wait and see what develops. At this point, I don't even know what hotel HAL will put us up at. Maybe I can find someone once we get there.:rolleyes:

You'll be at the Westmark Hotel. There is a LOT of stuff to do in Dawson City - I'd forget fishing, regardless of how avid you are about it.

Murray

Yukon,

Thanks for the advice. I'd pretty much reached that decision as I've spent hours trying to find something and there just isn't anything there. It isn't for me, it was for my husband. He really prefers camping/fishing/hunting/outdoors type vacations and I don't. I thought about renting a motorhome, but then I'd get stuck doing the cooking and cleaning and I don't want that. He is going on the cruisetour to please me, so I thought if I could find fishing for a day that was affordable, I'd surprise him. He wouldn't enjoy it if he knew I spent $200-300 for a day of fishing. He goes fishing here in Southern California, but of course we don't have the Salmon that you have there. Guess I will just forget the fishing. He'll have to do that here at home without me.:p Thanks again for the info.

Archived