prinsendam-inside and OV cabins

sandy1020

Hi. Any one know about these cabins? I have never sailed this vessal-only Maasdam and Rotterdam- and I had an inside cabin both times on the lower promenade deck and I was very pleased. Are the Prinsendam"s cabins much smaller? And should I risk a Guarantee for inside or OV? The rates seem excellent. Thanks

Having sailed on the Prinsendam when it was the Seabourn Sun I can tell you that the inside rooms are very small indeed. And, there are not too many of them. It is interesting to note that on the HAL site where they show the diagrams of all the staterooms of their various ships, they neglect to show the inside rooms on the Prinsendam. I think I can guess why. Outside cabins, on the other hand, are really designed for longer cruises. The main cabin is a good size but it is the large walk in closet and the large bathroom that distinguishes these cabins from those on all other HAL ships.

The inside cabins do have the large bathroom and walk-in closet. The cabins themselves are about 10x10, as a guess. The two beds form an L against two walls, with one bed's length and the other's width being one wall, and the latter's length along the other wall and coming withing three feet of the bathroom. (I could draw a picture). Do I prefer the outside rooms? Yes. Would I take the inside again? If that's my choice to afford the trip, sure.

Archived