I am so excited

BlondyX

Just co-booked the whale watch and helicoptor tour with Orca. They were very helpful over the phone. Also booked kayaking in Ketchikan with them. I was majorly stressing over how to do the whale watch and the glacier landing and now I am doing both.

Thanks to BudgetQueen for the Co-booking suggestion.

I do have a question about Sitka now though. We thought about not booking anything here, and just exploring on our own. This seems like a good port to do that in. Is there a particular "can't miss" tour here?

Also, I am on the Infinity leaving August 13th. Weather wise, what should I be looking for? I am actually the opposite of most people. I live in Phoenix, and I get tired of sunshine! I am hoping I will get some rain and relatively cool temps. Am I going to get the warmer (70-80) temps that time of year? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! :D

Just Also, I am on the Infinity leaving August 13th. Weather wise, what should I be looking for? I am actually the opposite of most people. I live in Phoenix, and I get tired of sunshine! I am hoping I will get some rain and relatively cool temps. Am I going to get the warmer (70-80) temps that time of year? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! :D

I hear ya! It is 93 here today:( I want some cold! And NO palm trees.

Best bet is to be prepared for both temps, it can get a bit cold in the evenings on the ship and excursions on the water, but I have been there for some days in the 80's........like everyone say's layer, light shirt with a fleece jacket works for me.:)

I see at least one weather forecast for Seattle says it could be 90 on Sunday. Looks like those leaving this weekend will at least find it nice on sailaway!

It should be great on the waterfront and in the Sound!

-Monte

Emma, at least you guys in San Diego get the breeze of the ocean. We get hot hot and more hot. and I hear you on the Palm trees! It will be sooo nice to see GREEN.

People think I am crazy because I get sick of the sun 365 days a year.

I think it starts to have the same effect as the constant rain in some places. Monotonous.

But then again, you won't hear me complain when its 75 here and 20 below on the East Coast. But the change of weather mid-August will definitely be a welcome relief from our 110-115 degree temps!

Archived