Help make the Month of April Single's Month

imwolf41

Please help to spread the word that the Month of April of each year will be the time for all Single's to take cruises. After talking to many singles (or persons wanting to go on a cruise and don’t have anyone to go with) there are many times when someone goes on a cruise by themselves with the hope to meet others to do things together or party with others who are not attached but find there are just a few if any. As everyone knows getting a single room cost around $125.00 or more added to price quoted for two to a room but many of us don't mind paying this if there will be many other single's on the ship. So to help us meet this goal Let's Made APRIL OF EACH YEAR - SINGLE'S MONTH on all ships and destinations. With everyone’s help by spreading the word we can make this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

April may be good for you but not alot of others. I perfer the winter months as I'm from Canada and want to escape the cold Jan-Feb time frame. CPAs are busy in Apr (Tax time). Teachers can not get away due to school. Having said all that the idea of a month for singles would be nice it just may not be practicle.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I'll have to agree with capt data. I, too, live in the North, and absolutely need to escape the cold weather during the "winter" months. (Jan/Feb). April is beautiful here, and I find no reason to want to travel then.

I like the idea of trying to establish a designated month for "SINGLES" to cruise, but April just isn'tpracticle for me:-( Can we choose a different month?

Annie

I would suggest October as Singles/Solo cruising month because that works best for me!:D I like the idea of a month devoted to us solo/single cruisers but we are such a diverse group I doubt a specific month would be possible. How about a couple of different months? Again, I think October is good! hee hee. But maybe February would be a good addition for those who live in cold/cool areas.

I was thinking that ealy or late March, so not to be in the middle of spring break. All of the years that my son was in school we had to travel in Feb or April and now that I'm able to cruise on my own, I want it to be a slower time, but still a break from the long new England winter weather. I'm looking at the Valor, Exotic western Caribbean-anyone interested?

Personally, I prefer January or February for cruising. Too many kids on cruises starting in mid-March through April. Don't care for September or October because of hurricane season.

My favorite cruises have been in January and February, before Spring Break season starts.

Kitty9 & wrp96 are right on!

The month we choose to designate as "SINGLES CRUISING MONTH", should not be near Spring break, and should not be any where near huricane season. I can't imagine we'd had have a very good turn out in Sept or Oct. with all the storms there have been in the carib lately:-(

Everyone please contribute your thoughts & ideas here, and lets try to get it narrowed down to a specific month.

I vote for FEBRUARY.

Who's next?

Annie

Kitty9 & wrp96 are right on!

The month we choose to designate as "SINGLES CRUISING MONTH", should not be near Spring break, and should not be any where near huricane season. I can't imagine we'd had have a very good turn out in Sept or Oct. with all the storms there have been in the carib lately:-(

Everyone please contribute your thoughts & ideas here, and lets try to get it narrowed down to a specific month.

I vote for FEBRUARY. (Because it's a "winter" month in which most people will want to escape the cold weather. It's far enough before Spring break & is no where near huricane season).

Who's next?

Annie

Hi everyone:

Well, I am just trying to do my part. For the moment I have three cruises coming up. One in December, one in April, and one in November (of 07). Any of those months gets my vote! ;)

Seriously though, we might want to consider early December as "singles days." I have found the prices lower at that time because it is off-season yet precedes the holiday cruises. For us solo cruisers price is always a consideration, eh? Aside from the price advantage, it affords an opportunity to escape the cold for those of us living in northern climes.

Happy cruising! :)

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...

That's it! I'm going back to work to support my cruises only. I am leaving this weekend solo for a 3 nighter and can't wait. I went last year on another weekender from San Juan on Empress, enjoyed St. Thomas and St. Marten in February, but am ready for a 7-9 nighter. I am hoping to find solos on this trip on the first day, not the last day like I did on that trip.

Archived