Pictures / Info From Crown Luncheon 6/23/06

LunaMoon

Originally Posted by LunaMoon

There is NO "Homeboy Tours." :D

There is in my world! I also believe in Mickey :)

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!! (marlinmike)

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Marlin,

Of course there IS a Homeboy Tours!

Now, go to sleep and dream of pina coladas :p

Yours truly,

The A** to the CEO of Homeboy Tours, Inc.

LunaticMoon

Lunamoon, you and I keep posting at the same time!! Weird...

sunprincess, I looked at your pics....thanks! and were there any covered chairs by any pools??? I can still hope for the retractable roof I guess...

Hi Joseph,

The Spa pool is the very same setup as on the Caribbean Princess, with a few lounge chairs around the pool, and many more lounge chairs above (you have to climb some stairs to get to these lounges for the spa pool).

However, if you go up some stairs at the other end of the spa pool, you come to the Sanctuary entrance. It is not a very large area; it probably should have been double the size considering many adults are looking for peace and quiet and some much need "sanctuary." :)

There are 2 tents that look like they came from the set of the Arabian Nights, and an array of single and double lounge chairs with nice soft cushions and very fluffy towels on each. Serving tables are festooned with bowls filled with fresh fruit, and tall pitchers of icy water with lemon, lime, and orange slices floating in them. It looked soooooo good.

Luna

The tents were for massages. They do couples up there, and also private massages. Same price as doing it down in the spa.

Dear Dobie,

The covered area on the lower level of the Spa pool, on both the CB and the Crown, has lounge chairs ringing the pool.

Although I don't know the exact number, they are not numerous. However, on the CB we and our friends always managed to find a spot if we got there in the morning (and not very early either).

I am not sure if we will be as lucky this time on the Crown. We shall see.

We Were At The Luncheon Also. To Say That It Was Wonderful Is An Understatement.

First Let Me Say That The Ship Is Magnificent. Dh And I Sailed On The Caribbean Princess This Winter, And The Physical Design Of The Ships Are Very Similar. Most Of The Public Rooms Are In The Same Place On The Same Deck. However, The Crown Is So Much More Elegant Than The Cb. There Is More Wood In All Of The Public Rooms And The Decor Blends Beautifully With The Wood. The Colors Are Rich, Earth Colors, And Many Of The Pictures (particularly In The Horizon Court) Are Framed With Off White Square Tiles That Makes It Lovely. It Is A Very Warm, Inviting Ship That Kind Of Embraces You, And Makes You Not Want To Get Off.

The Luncheon Was Truly A "class Act." The Menu Consisted Of A Shrimp And Melon Appetizer With Sauce, A Lovely Pasta Dish, An Entree Choice Of Salmon, Chateaubriand Or Pasta, And A Chocolate Souflee Dessert (to Die For). Red And White Wine Were Flowing. The Service Was Excellent, And The Da Vinci Dining Room Just Gorgeous.

For All Of Us There, Let Me Thank Princess For A Wonderful Afternoon. They Really Did A Great Job.

And thanks for the ride!

LunaMoon, you may have just saved my cruise!! No charge for those either, right? I will be anxious to hear from you after your cruise...we are on the Emerald transatlantic in Oct of 07...so a covered pool is a priority....thank you and let me know!

Hi Everybody,

Othellocruiser and I were invited to today's fabulous lunch and tour of the gorgeous Crown Princess at Brooklyn's Red Hook Pier.

Here are some photos we took of our great day.

http://community.webshots.com/album/551631818aCQnaK

I have lots of news; a Princess Patter with tons of information and even a Crown Grill menu.

The very impressive Sanctuary is now charging $15.00 for a half-a-day's pass, first come first serve. The reason that Princess gave for the new fee is that on the very first cruise (which disembarked as we boarded today) there were too many requests and too many disappointed people each day. They believe the fee and reservations will cut down on the uproar that ensued at the Sanctuary entrance every morning.

Ha! I guess there is no sanctuary when there is chaos at the gates.

Love your pics LunaMoon!!! Can't wait to go!!

Dobie - I could be wrong. . I just looked at Cruise News Daily and they have this info:

http://cruisenewsdaily.com/newships.html#Emerald%20Princess

Estimated Inaugural: Spring, 2007 Status: Keel laid & and under construction

Cruise Line: Princess Ship Name: Emerald Princess

Size: GRT: 116,000 Capacity: 3100

Builder: Fincantieri - Monfalcone, Italy

This is an additional Caribbean-class vessel ordered as part of the four-ship order with Fincantieri, the only one in the order designated for Princess. It will be the third in the series. It has not necessarily been designated for the Caribbean as the previous two were, but it will likely have a long life in whichever ocean it starts since it will not fit through the Panama Canal.

It sounds like they recognize that it may not live in the Caribbean all year... Not sure if they will make any changes to it with that information. She will be similiar to the Crown though.

According to this article: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na777&submit=pk

Emerald will have MUTS. I thought it was high Princess designed MUTS on the one pool that made it in such a way that they could not put a retractable roof... I guess more to come...

The very impressive Sanctuary is now charging $15.00 for a half-a-day's pass, first come first serve. The reason that Princess gave for the new fee is that on the very first cruise (which disembarked as we boarded today) there were too many requests and too many disappointed people each day. They believe the fee and reservations will cut down on the uproar that ensued at the Sanctuary entrance every morning.

Ha! I guess there is no sanctuary when there is chaos at the gates.

We were also at the luncheon & loved checking out the Sanctuary.

I had to ask them twice if the price was for 2 or per person.

It's $15 for half day 8:30AM-12:30PM or 12:30PM-5:30PM.

So it's either $15 p/p for half day, or It's $30 per person for a full day there.

They had tents set up where they give massages, ranging in price from $109 for 50 minutes to couples massages $242.

They give out frozen washcloths & cucumber or citrus water.

It's a nice place to stay on a sea day.

I think they'll get a good response to it.

Minette

I've got a 17 year old tapping his feet waiting to see the Crowne Grill menu!!!

AOL Pictures

Pictures 41 and 42 are the Crown Grill Menu. Not great and page 1 is cut off but better than nothing. If you save them to your computer (click on Actions) they are bigger and easier to read.

sunprincess, I looked at your pics....thanks! and were there any covered chairs by any pools??? I can still hope for the retractable roof I guess...

Dobie,

You will not have trouble finding shaded areas by the pools.

Sanctuary was primarily shaded. I took a photo where there were 4 chairs that could get sun. The rest pretty shaded.

2704575920014024534nPROfK_th.jpg

The Calypso area is the one that has the covered roof for rain.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ok, so scanning really doesn't work for me with the Crown Grill Menu, probably because the menu is on very large paper and in the process of making it smaller it becomes unreadable.

So here goes a primative hand-typed condensed version:

CROWN GRILL, PREMIUM SEAFOOD AND CHOP HOUSE

Cover charge $25 per person

APPETIZERS:

Black Tiger Prawn and Papaya Salpicon, Mustard Seed Aioli, Anna Potato Salad

Carpaccio of Pine Nut Coated lamb Loin, gooseberry Chutney, Minted Pear Spaghettini

Cherrystone Clam Bake, Baby corn, Red Bliss Potatoes, Pearl Onions, sugared Tomatoes

Mediterreanean Style Spiny Lobster Cake, Tarragon Foam, Cured Olives, Grilled Asparagus

North Pacific Sea Scallop and Pan Seared Foie Gras, Baby Bok Choy, Green Apple and Fennel Slaw

SOUPS AND SALADS:

Shrimp and Pancetta Bisque

Black and Blue Onion Soup

Rockfish and Sweet Potato Chowder

The Grill Salad, Grape Balsamic Dressing

Marinated Goat's Chees and Heirloom Tomato Salad

SEAFOOD:

Prince Edward Mussel Pot

Vongole (clams and sausage)

Potpourri of Seafood Stew (lobster, crab, red snapper, mollusks)

Wild Black Stioped Bass and Brioche Breaded King Prawns

Pan Roasted Barramundi Papillote

Grilled tiger Prawns in Whiskey, Chili and Garlic Marinade

4 oz Maine Lobster Tails

CHOPS:

Sterling Silver Beef Chop

Maderia Glazed Wisconsin Veal Chop

New Zealand Lamb Rack

Sterling Silver Pork Chop (double thick)

Porterhuse (22 oz)

STEAKS:

New York Strip, 12oz

Kansas City Strip, 16oz

Rib Eye, 14oz

Filet Mignon, 8oz

Potato and Vegetable Choices:

Loaded Baked Potato

Garlic and Herb French Fries

Red Skin Mashed Potatoes

Crown Grill Scalloped Potatoes

Grilled Asparagus

Creamed Spinach

Corn Casserole

Sauteed Wild Mushrooms

DESSERTS:

Molten Dutch Chocolate Fudge Obsession (w double chocolate ice cream)

Wild Berry and Apple Cobbler (w vanilla cider ice cream)

Lemon Meringue Pudding Tart (w macadamia nut shortbread)

Seven Layer S'mores Stack

Caramel Cheesecake Parfait

The Crown Dependence (sampling of featured desserts! :-)

*LOBSTER ADDENDUM:

A $9 surcharge applies to each of these 2 lobster dishes in addition to the $25 cover charge, resulting in a total charge of $34 per person. This includes as many dishes and courses as your heart and palate desires off the regular menu.

Whole Mane Lobster, 1 and a half - 2 pounds (kettle steamed or split and grilled with lemon butter)

Australian Lobster Tail, 12oz (broiled with pepper butter or split and grilled with garlic.

WHEW....done! :D I hope this helps to get an idea of the Crown Grill

Great photos! I did the slideshow and it looks like you had a ball!

Were there flat screens in the mini? Was the mini bathroom larger than the balcony cabin bathroom? Thanks! ;)

AOL Pictures

Pictures 41 and 42 are the Crown Grill Menu. Not great and page 1 is cut off but better than nothing. If you save them to your computer (click on Actions) they are bigger and easier to read.

LunaMoon...thanks again! Wow, you're just a wealth of info!

Well, hey, I know we would have booked w/Homeboy! ;)

Ok, so scanning really doesn't work for me with the Crown Grill Menu, probably because the menu is on very large paper and in the process of making it smaller it becomes unreadable.

WHEW....done! :D I hope this helps to get an idea of the Crown Grill

So, just to verify - the pool near the Sanctuary is the swim-against-the-current pool and we will still be able to go to that pool without paying the $15.00 surcharge - is that correct?

My daughter loves that pool and she will turn 18 on July 3rd, the day after we set sail.

Thanks!

So, just to verify - the pool near the Sanctuary is the swim-against-the-current pool and we will still be able to go to that pool without paying the $15.00 surcharge - is that correct?

My daughter loves that pool and she will turn 18 on July 3rd, the day after we set sail.

Thanks!

Yes all adults can swim at the spa pool. I'm pretty sure that's the swim against the current pool.

The only charge is for using the Sanctuary.

Minette

Thank You Luna Moon for posting your photos so quickly for us to enjoy. Thank you also for all the info you gave us. We sail on the "Crown" in Sept. and We definitely want to spend at least one half day at the Sanctuary if 2 seats are available. Happy to hear you enjoyed the delicious Luncheon too. Ike

Archived