Cameo Factory Right Outside of Pompeii

Yes,it's still there. I am surprised that you could miss it - perhaps you arrived independently? I say this because the shop / factory is right beside the coach park. There are a couple of cafes and some street stalls outside and the entrance to Pompeii is directly opposite.

Jane

x

We were there last month. The Hotel is a three star hotel I can't remember the name but in the down stairs area is a cameo shop where there is all kinds of information on how cameos are made and my wife fell in love with the small cameo rings. She found a 18K gold Cameo ring that see fell in love with. It was made by an artist and not an apprentice so I think she did OK. The Cameo was very detailed for a small cameo so Mr. Visa and I agreed it was a must buy. I think after exchange conversions the total cost was something like $242.00. Not bad for an Italian made cameo. I remember seeing large cameos for something like 42 Euros. Have fun and remember to take Mr. Visa along. Tim

Archived