Bare Essentials

Ok, based upon what everyone had said on this board, I went and had my make-up done at the Bare Essentials counter at Nordstroms. Big mistake. I loved it so much, I dropped a small fortune right then. I hope I am able to acheive the same look at home. I watched the DVD that came with my kit, so tomorrow morning I will be swirling and tapping and buffing. I better get up a little early so I have time to figure it out.

Thanks for all I have learned from this board. I will have to plan another cruise soon so I can keep coming even after I get back in two weeks.

Dusty

Hey Dusty -

I finally broke down a spent a small fortune on Bare Escentials myself three weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! It is everything it claims to be. Just follow the directions from the DVD and you will love the results. My husband even noticed the difference in my makeup without me even saying anything! He loves it as well. He says it is so much more natural looking. I do have to say it has added a good 10-15 minutes to my morning makeup routine. Good luck!

Diana

I have been using BE for over a year now. Yes, in the beginning you can spend quite a bit of money. But the containers last a long time. It may be slightly more expensive than drug/department store cosmetics, but the difference in how it feels and looks definately makes it worth it!!!!!

Just to let you know, BE will be on QVC 6/27 at 12:00 - 2:00 am, 10:00 - 12:00 am, and 1:00 - 4:00 pm. It is always an informative and fun show to watch.

So glad you like it! It does last a long time, so although you invest a bit initially, you don't have to have repeat buys for quite awhile. It took me 4+ months to go through the initial small jar of my Light and Fairly Light.

I'd like to pass along a tip ... be sure to always start applying on your jaw or at the side of your face. If you start on your cheek, nose or chin, too much powder will settle in your pores, and they will look enormous! I had to watch the video about 3 times to figure that one out.

I did buy a kit of summer stuff on QVC a couple of months ago, and will try to see what they have coming up next week.

I've been using them for the last 2 months, and have my morning routine down to about 5 minutes. I just bought my first BE blush. I found the warmth to be too dark for me, no matter how little I used. My skin looks beter than it has in years, and I've gotten nothing but compliments on my skn..people don't even realize it's makeup itlooks that natural. I just can't see myself ever using anthing else. Have fun swirling, tapping, & buffing!;)

I must be the only one around that doesn't like it.

I tried it after seeing it on QVC.

I felt like the foundation powder just caked on my face. I have oily skin and it did nothing but cake up. My mom tried it, and she felt the same way. I felt like my skin was so tight.

I have been using this for forever and I absolutely LOVE it! It is amazing how natural it looks. It does cost a lot up front but like other posters have said, it lasts a long time...especially the eye shadows. My step mother and I have found some containers similar to the ones they use and now we buy one and split it.

One tip...QVC sells it and a lot of times they offer kits that include the brush. This is a big money saver as the kit is usually the same price as the price of one brush.

I must be the only one around that doesn't like it.

I tried it after seeing it on QVC.

I felt like the foundation powder just caked on my face. I have oily skin and it did nothing but cake up. My mom tried it, and she felt the same way. I felt like my skin was so tight.

No, you're not alone. I had a reaction to the BE, it made me itch like crazy and break out all along my hairline. Plus, no matter how little I used, it always made my pores look larger.

It's like anything else though, it works for some, not for others. It is selling like mad, though, so it does work for many skin types. I think it is a good thing that they sell starter kits, so those of us who can't use the product haven't sunk a great deal of money into it.

The upside for me is that my sample kit came with a wonderful makeup case. Kind of like a tackle box, only pretty.

I have been using BE for a couple of yrs and love it...I occasionally get a bit itchy with it...usually if it is warm outside...it lasts a few min...and goes away...I have ordered from Medispa....800# and they usually offer free shipping and 20-25% off....They have a starter kit that comes with 3 brushes...I also order on Ebay....and another poster was correct....1/4 tsp lasts a long time...I am going to try bisque as I read that it is great for redness or under eye circles.

I have been using BE for a couple of yrs and love it...I occasionally get a bit itchy with it...usually if it is warm outside...it lasts a few min...and goes away...I have ordered from Medispa....800# and they usually offer free shipping and 20-25% off....They have a starter kit that comes with 3 brushes...I also order on Ebay....and another poster was correct....1/4 tsp lasts a long time...I am going to try bisque as I read that it is great for redness or under eye circles.

happyks, I have a reaction to it as well. My dermatologist told me that sensitive skin reacts to the bismuth oxychloride (one of the inactive ingredients). She sees it a lot. Especially with people with oily/combo skin that is also sensitive.

It's too bad...I liked the concept of it.

....Just to let you know, BE will be on QVC 6/27 at 12:00 - 2:00 am, 10:00 - 12:00 am, and 1:00 - 4:00 pm. It is always an informative and fun show to watch.

The June 27 TSV is the "Friendship 9-piece Color Collection with Bag" (Item No. A69829) for $44.98 and includes:

BareMinerals SPF 12 Glimmer (.02 oz);

Bare Minerals SPF 12 Glimmer (.02 oz);

BareMinerals Soft Focus Glee (.1 oz);

Two (2) SPF 15 Foundations (.06 oz each);

Flawless Application Face Brush;

Blending and Foiling Brush;

Best Friend Tinted Lip Balm (.065 oz);

Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara (.24 oz); and

Friendship Overnight Bag.

HTH

Ok, based upon what everyone had said on this board, I went and had my make-up done at the Bare Essentials counter at Nordstroms. Big mistake. I loved it so much, I dropped a small fortune right then. I hope I am able to acheive the same look at home. I watched the DVD that came with my kit, so tomorrow morning I will be swirling and tapping and buffing. I better get up a little early so I have time to figure it out.

Thanks for all I have learned from this board. I will have to plan another cruise soon so I can keep coming even after I get back in two weeks.

Dusty

;) I wore it on my last cruise and love it.....it's so light you hardly know you have any make-up on at all.............

Archived