Can I make a 11:50 flight from Tampa

like2cruise

I have a friend sailing on the Inspiration in January. She needs to know if she can make a 11:50 flight? I have never sailed out of Tampa so I thought I would check with anyone with experience especially those with who have recently sailed on the Inspiration. Thanks for any help!!

I personally wouldn't book a flight that early. We can get quite a bit of fog in Jan/Feb. And, when Tampa Bay gets fogged in, you would be hard pressed to make such an early flight as the ships will be late arriving at the port. I cruised out of Tampa mid Jan and wasn't off the ship until after 10:00 due to fog on the Bay (granted I didn't have a flight to catch so I wasn't on the early disembarkation list).

Hope your friend will seriously consider a later flight. Good luck!

We were on Inspiration back in Dec. and because of some immigration problem it was like 11:30 before anyone was allowed off ship. we had a 1:30 flight and was allowed off a little after noon. We missed that flight-could have made a 2:30 flight which was super crowded and the 3 of us would have spend spread out all over the plane. so we opted to wait for the next flight. We ended up taking a 4p.m. flight. As you know if you miss your flight then you fly standby. So if I were you I would either book a later flight or if you don't have that choice plan on spending the night and going out the following day.

Archived