Seattle Hotels near HAL terminal

woos

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near Holland America's terminal in Seattle?? We are driving and are looking for a hotel which is close to the terminal and has a garage where we can keep our car for a week while we frolic in Alaska. Thanks for any info.

There is parking at Terminal 30 for $12 a day. There are really no hotels around Terminal 30 as this is a commercial/light industrial part of town. Checkout www.portseattle.org Seaport for further information.

If you are visiting Seattle a day or more before your trip I suggest finding a hotel in the downtown area, parking your car at the hotel and see Seattle by foot.

If walking is not a problem, Pike Place Market, the Waterfront and shopping are all easy to get to by foot. I think the monorail is still out of commisssion, but there are buses to get you to Seattle Center and the Space Needle.

We stayed at the Edgewater hotel in Seatle a few years ago when we cruised Alaska. It was absolutely wonderful and the resteraunt was amazing.

Right next to the hotel was a cruise terminal; our NCL cruise left out of there and the day before a HAL ship was there. We sat on our balcony and looked right at the front of the ship. We walked out of our hotel and right over to the terminal with our luggage in less than 2 minutes.

http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/

Cuppy is correct that the Edgewater Hotel (located on pier 67) is a short walk to Pier 66 where the 2006 scheduled Norwegian and Celebrity ships sail from. If you have the money and there is a room available I would recommend the Edgewater - it is right on the water. The Beatles even stayed there in the 60's!

HAL and Princess sail from Terminal 30 which is 2.3 miles further down the road in a 'no-man's' area of town. Even if you (or anyone else reading this post) stayed at the Edgewater I would still really recommend that you take a cab to Terminal 30. Really!

If you are driving your own car, there is parking at Terminal 30 for $12 a day.

Please check out this map http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/cruiseoverview.shtml:

FW (a local resident)

Got back to Seattle on the Westerdam on June 18 -- we had a room booked at the Edgewater (truly one of my favorite hotels -- have stayed there many times). This trip we were assigned a waterside room that had a newly remodeled bathroom (it is possible that all of the Edgewater's rooms now have the new baths - I am not sure).

Our bathroom had stone walls and floor, a large clear glass enclosed shower with two shower heads (very spa like) and a claw-foot tub. There was the normal bathroom entry in the hallway to the room by the room door, and another set of double sliding doors on the wall by the tub. At first I could not figure out what those extra doors to the bathroom were for -- but late in the afternoon as I filled the tub to have a good soak it hit me -- I opened the double doors, and got into the tub to soak. While relaxing in the tub I could see across our hotel room and right out over the water -- and lo and behold! There she was! The Westerdam heading out on her new voyage, she passed right outside the room's window, and was followed a few minutes later by the Sun Princess. What a sight! Even better than the standard fare of ferries and container ships.

Golly, I sure do enjoy staying at the Edgewater.

Arzz,

I am lucky enough to watch all the marine traffic going in and out of Seattle from my house, but it's not as decadent as watching the ships just hundreds of yards away while soaking in a claw-foot tub.

Good for you!

As I type this, the Norwegian Star is sailing by house!

Archived