expired 25% future cruise certificate

legospice

We have a 25% discount off a future cruise which was given as compensation for a summit cruise which was delayed for 3 days back in 2004 and had to be used by december 2005.

My question is - has anyone managed to get an extension on an expired FCC or on board credit to the value?

I know its a long shot but maybe worth a try as we have a cruise booked for April 2007 and wondered what the chances were of getting it applied to the new booking.

Donna

We have a 25% discount off a future cruise which was given as compensation for a summit cruise which was delayed for 3 days back in 2004 and had to be used by december 2005.

My question is - has anyone managed to get an extension on an expired FCC or on board credit to the value?

I know its a long shot but maybe worth a try as we have a cruise booked for April 2007 and wondered what the chances were of getting it applied to the new booking.

Donna

Hi Donna !

I agree that it may be a longshot, but you have nothing to lose by asking. I would call Customer Service, and talk to them about it.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

I wouldn't call. I would write. You need someone who can override the normal rules. The people on the phone normally can't. BUT I would call first sometimes the expiration dates on things like this are never enforced so call first, if no at least write a letter...

And be creative not threatening...you know something like we would have loved to use this before but between the hurricaines and the cat dying and my mom run over by a car we couldn't get around to it....you know the joke the brother calls home from vacation to see how the house is and asks how the cat is and the brother says the cat died. The caller says how can you just come out and tell me that you should have said the Cats was on the roof and got hurt we triued to save him but it was too late...the caller says how is Mom and the brother says "Mom is on the roof..."

If you booked with an agent, they can try entering the FCC in Cruisingpower and see if the booking refares.

There is a reason for the expiration dates however. It's accounting and they are only held on the books for so long.

Writing a letter is not going to help. It will wind up in a basket somewhere under misc.

Good luck

I think having expiration dates on this sort of thing stinks. This isn't some promotional freebie, this is a "We're sorry, please come back" customer service device.

If, as the previous poster says, the companies need expiration dates for accounting purposes, then why not at least let the coupons last longer? Something like 3 years, or even 5 years, would be a much nicer way IMO of telling the customer you care.

We had a voucher which was valid for 12 months, however there were no cruises in the period which were suitable for us (we need to travel in school vacation time). We explained the problem to X and they agreed to extend the date for another 6 months.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice guys. I called customer services and they told me to put it in writing, so i will do that. I like the sound of the creative writing, might go with that one. I will start with loads of compliments, then the excuses, then finish of with the begging. Fingers crossed.

Donna

Archived