Seattle hotels and amtrak

We had a group so the hotel called us several shuttles. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it was only about $7.50 for a taxi we heard. We enjoyed the HIE - good location and nice continental breakfast. I got this hotel on Hotwire for only $70 a night.

There really is no good hotel in that area. The area was not so nice a few years back and they have worked hard to revitalize this area but no hotels around. I would suggest staying downtown area and takinga taxi in the am to the train station. Seattle is pretty small so any hotel to the train station wouldbe around 5-7.00

If you need suggestions on hotel let me know and I will give you a few.

Not sure on the pricing of the following hotels, I would check different travel sites for pricing and reviews. Seattle is a fairly safe city to walk in.

These are close to Seattle Center - between a 5 - 15 minute walk

Courtyard by Marriott Lake Union

Marriott Residence Inn Seattle Downtown Lake Union

Best Western Executive Inn

Holiday Inn Seattle

Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle

Comfort Suites Downtown Seattle Center

Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union - I think they have a free shuttle around town??

Mediterranean Inn

These are in the downtown area

Red Lion on Fifth Avenue

The Paramount Hotel

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Hotel Andra

Crowne Plaza

Grand Hyatt

Inn At Harbor Steps

The Roosevelt Hotel

Mayflower Park

The Alexis Hotel

The Edgewater

Seattle Waterfront Marriott

Hotel Vintage Park

Hope you can find something.

Crown: Looks like "love to cruise" has given you some good info. One of my favorites for visitors is the "Pike Place Inn at the Market" Its on the pricey side but very nice and located in Pike Place Market. You can walk to everything and get a real feel for the city. Another good one I would suggest is either the Sheraton or the Alexis. Also a really neat hotel located just a block outside of "everything" is The Hotel Monaco....it's a funky sort of hotel and a lot fo the celebrities stay here. Still within walking distance to everything.

The nice thing about seattle is that the downtown area is not only safe but very easy to walk to everything. A taxi from the airport will run you 25.00 (plus tip) and there are always plenty at the airport.

If you are interested in restaurants, I can help you there as well. You will really enjoy the area. Oh and one more thing check out this web site it has all sorts of info http://www.nwsource.com You can get information on the city and things to do and see.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, things around here are crazy.....but please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Deb

Archived