Carnival Legend Aft Cabins?

Jax1023

I'm currently looking at the Legend for my honeymoon. I've read on these boards about how the aft cabins have larger balconies. Would this apply only to the Cat 11 suites or to an 8c such as 4230? It is one of the 4 regular balcony cabins between the Cat 11 suites on the Main Deck?

Thanks!

The aft balconies are all bigger compared to the ones on the side. (on most)

The cat 11 aft are suites and have a very large wrap around balcony.

Regular cat 8 balconies on deck 4 are completly covered.

there is also 2 reg cat 8 that are connecting cabins.. if you do not need the connecting one try to avoid it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

cabin 6262 8E

Now if you really want an awesome balcony... see if you can book 7258

which is a 8G

• 4 weeks later...

I cruised on the Legend last Nov and stayed in cabin 4239. The balconies on the cat 8C are deeper than the side balconies. We really enjoyed our aft location. We had family traveling with us who stayed in 4237 & 4241. The Cat 11 aft balconies are huge and wonderful. We opened up the dividers between our 3 balconies, which made it even more wonderful!

The only negative I would mention is that being on the Main deck directly over the dining room we did hear quite a bit of noise during the dinner hour. We traveled with a one year old so we had early dining and we were back in our cabin most evenings during late dining. If you have late dining or plan on staying out every evening the dinner noise shouldn't be a problem.

We had an aft balcony on the Legend -the balcony is wider than a regular balcony. I really like an aft balcony - one thing we did notice was soot from the smoke stack would be on the furniture from time to time. We just took a hand towel and wiped off the chairs before sitting- not a big deal.

If you want more room on a balcony and can afford a cat. 11 - those balconys are very large and wrap from the back to the side of the ship. The cabins are about the same size, though.

I haven't been on the Legend, but just returned from the Miracle and in March I was on the Pride. In March we had cabin 7333. It was nice, but in July we had cabin 8237. It was a 9A and great. We had plenty of room and closet space. I would book a 9A again. It doesn't have the suite privileges, but I have platinum statis so we had the VIP service anyway.

Thanks for the pics....we've got aft balcony cabin 5268 for our upcoming Sept 25th cruise on the Legend.

You will NOT be disappointed! Looking out over the balcony at 2am feeling like no one else is around is an unexplainable feeling.

GP

We were on cabin 8428 aft wrap around suite. It was a two room suite (Not all of the suites are two rooms) The bath had a jacuzzi tub, two sinks with granite countertops. There was a walk-in closet and separate dressing area with a vanity between the two rooms. The bedroom had a king sized-bed, TV and VCR (no DVD can you believe it?), and two large picture windows on two sides of the room. There are two doors to the bedroom, one leading to the changing room and bath, the other to the balcony and living room. The living room had a couch and two lounge chairs. There was a TV, VCR and desk, refrigerator and minibar. There was a mirrored area on the wall in the entry hall with shelves the held wine glasses for the bar. The balcony was HUGE! DH paced off 56 feet. We had two full length lounge chairs and three regular chairs and still had plenty of room to walk. There was no soot that we saw from the smoke stacks, if it rains though you might get wet as there is not cover since this is the uppermost cabin for balconies. (Great for sunbathing!)

That cabin was worth every penny. If this cruise if for your honeymoon - go for it!!

• 11 months later...

Archived