Looking for ship suggestion

collegekid

Hi all. I'm looking for a ship suggestion, as I'm planning a 21st birthday cruise. It will be four 21 year old guys. We'll looking for a ship with others our age. We'd be open for sailings from Port Canaveral, Tampa, Ft Lauderdale or Miami. I am right now looking at Glory and Valor as well as some Royal Caribbean ships, but open to them all.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Welcome to the boards! I don't want to burst your bubble but, someone in your cabin needs to be 25 y.o. or older. It is in the ticket contract. Maybe you have a friend who is of age that wants to cruise with you? To answer your original question, it's not so much the ship but the itinerary and time of year. If you go when school is in session, the cruise will most likely be older adults. Summer time gets a wide mix. Then there is always spring break! Europe tends to get an older crowd too. JMHO.

Missyal

Ok I found it. Straight from Carnival's site.

How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

So your group sould be fine, just be sure everone is 21 before your sail date, as the age you are on boarding day is the age you are for the enitre cruise..in carnivals eyes anyways:)

The Glory and the Valor are sister ships are are virtually identical except for theme. I had a great time on both. Average ages of people on board will depend on the time of the cruise, but should be very similar to what you'd find on RCCL.

PS - as the others have stated, and just to reaffirm, you all MUST be 21 by the first day of the cruise, or you will not be able to book without someone over 25.

Thanks. I didn't think about having to be 21 at the beginning of the cruise, so that'll change things a little. Looks like we'll have to do a late June cruise. Would you think the eastern or western caribbean would be better? thanks

I'm a Carnival junkie but I'm in my mid fourties. If I was in my twenties I think I'd prefer the Royal Carribean Voyager class ships. They have the rock wall, ice rink etc.

If you prefer beautiful beaches go eastern. If you prefer more active stuff go western. In either case check out the port of call boards for the ports on specific sailings you are considering. You can find excellent snorkeling on either western or eastern.

I second Silentbob. I don't have his vast cruising experience and I have yet to sail the Valor.

That being said. Valor and Glory have identical itineraries. Just different days and Ports of embarkation.

I think the Eastern itinerary would be great for 4 guys. Atlantis in Nassau, St.Thomas...Go downtown then to a beach. And St Maarten go to Orient Beach. French side...topless.

We go in March prior to Spring break. The weather is usually ideal. No hurricanes and past the rainy season. Not too hot either.

My .02...worth just that. Enjoy your Cruise.

Depart from the closest port to your current location...

The cost incured to venture from your location to a different departure point is just that much less you will have to purchase your newly discovered adult beverages!!!!!!!

Besides at 21 I'm not thinking ports of call are the most important sight to see...

Maybe fellow Passangers at the Ports of call !!!!!

Good Luck and enjoy .....

john

Archived