do 18 yr olds really have to room w/guardian

ladylegend

We always pick our cabins and have never had a problem putting the girls either across the hall or beside us. We have booked direct with Carnival, an online agency, and a local TA. In each case we have been able to.

a nice family had rooms next to us (they had 2 rooms, side by side) and the kids were in one, parents in the other, they said it worked out great for them and I know we will do a similar situation in the future as well with ours when they are a little older :D

The way we worked it out was to put my name on one room with one son, my husband with the other. When we boarded we went to the desk and got an additional key for each room, then put the boys in one room and us in the other. That suggestion came to us from our PVP with Carnival and we do it each time we book.

A little more info on your specifics would be helpful as it depends on the situation.

With families, if you book assigned cabins next to or across from each other, then those under 21 can be booked in their own room. If you book GTY, then you have to book one parent in each room (then play room switch after you board).

In no family situations, there is no way to book an under 21 unless they are with someone over 25 (unless married to each other).

I did what Gaill811 did. I booked it with an adult in each room and then my boys stayed in one together and my husband and I stayed in the other, and we went to the desk and got extra key for both rooms. My kids were 10 and 8 and right next door and went everywhere with us, so they just slept in the room. We didn't feel uncomfortable with that.

When we booked directly through Carnival, the agent told us as long as we where able to get the boys (18 &17) in a room either directly across or right next to ours it would be no problem. We did get a room directly across from us. It's when they are either futher down the hall or on a diffrent floor all together that they need to have the adult in the room with them.

Michele

My Problem Related To My Son And His 2 Friends.(all 18 Years Old) I Tried To Get The Boys A Room By Themselves But Because THEY Are Under 21, And I Am Not There Legal Guardian They Would Not Be Allowed A Room By Themselves. However My Son Could. Carnivals Solution Was To Get Two Rooms with Two Friends and myself In One And My Son In Another. However He Would Have To Pay The Single Price. Gulp!!! How We Split The Cabins After Boarding Was Up To Me. We Are Now 4 In A Cabin (have Mercy)

I truely believe it depends upon your travel cruise agent. Most of the cruises we have taken our travel agent placed an adult and child in each of the rooms then when we board the kids get their own room and we get ours, always next to one another....we swap keys so that we can get into our proper rooms and nobody knows or cares. This year we are booked on the Enchantment and our travel agent put the kids in their own room and us adults in our own....guess its fine, they truely don't care who sleeps where once you get on the ship.

My Problem Related To My Son And His 2 Friends.(all 18 Years Old) I Tried To Get The Boys A Room By Themselves But Because THEY Are Under 21, And I Am Not There Legal Guardian They Would Not Be Allowed A Room By Themselves. However My Son Could. Carnivals Solution Was To Get Two Rooms with Two Friends and myself In One And My Son In Another. However He Would Have To Pay The Single Price. Gulp!!! How We Split The Cabins After Boarding Was Up To Me. We Are Now 4 In A Cabin (have Mercy)

Its because the kids are not yours.

We have done 5 to an inside cabin..and it is very doable-- send those kids to the gym/spa area for showers. Its one of the best moves we made.

Also an over the door shoe holder...

Make sure you get the letter from the parents along with a medical release

Last July I was taking my son and his girlfriend with us and we booked a room with my name and her name on one and my husband and my son on the other. The only problem with that is the muster drill. We had different muster stations, which wasn't a big deal we thought.

In March my husband and I was on the Star when it caught on fire and they had to do roll call at all the different muster stations and several people were not in the correct muster station, due to people switching rooms. Just pay attiontion to the muster station that your name is suppose to be on and make sure if something happens you go to the correct muster station.

Terri

as long as both rooms are in your name there shouldnt be a problem....consider getting 2 side by side with adjoining doors

I think there is only one adult- 3 kids two of which are not hers.. doing it this way will not work- as the second cabin will only have one person in it and have to be booked as a solo cruiser.

Since the 2kids who are not hers are minors who dont have a parent onboard. they must be booked in a cabin with an adult.

I was in a room with three teens last August on the Inspiration and we found we had plenty of room for the amount of time we spent in it. After each person was ready we would leave the room and meet wait in a public area for the rest before going into port or off to breakfast. I tend to be an early riser so I got ready first and then the kids. We found this worked well for us.

Archived