Norwegian Dawn Picture question

pampaul

Never been on a cruise before so of course I have like a million questions. I always see these beautiful formal type pictures on cruises and I'm wondering when do they do these pics? Is it crowded where you get them done? Is there appointments? Can ya tell I have no clue? I've seen some with cool backgrounds and also some just on a great big staircase. Are these both done by the photographer or can you get anyone to take this pic?

well, often it depends, there are always many many photographers that work for the cruise line tarveling around the ship through out the the whole cruise but they are ESPECIALLY out on formal night. Many times all those "cool backrounds" are just murels or a special wall of the atrium or lobby (Where many of the formal pictures take place) as far as apointmetns and what have you, i have never seen a ship in which you could make an apointment for pictures in a studio. Simply ask one of the ship photographers to take your picture and he'll probally take a few moving your family around in front of diffrent walls fountains, what have you, take them in diffrent posistions and he'll take many. Most likley the next night you can go to the photo gallery of your ship , find your picture and if you would like you can buy it or not. Its completely up to you and there is no obligation. (sorry i probally made something really so very simple sound complicated but once you get on the boat you'll totaly understand what I mean, Hope you have a GREAT cruise)

P.S im traveling on the sailing one week before yours, Ill give you a full review than

Never been on a cruise before so of course I have like a million questions. I always see these beautiful formal type pictures on cruises and I'm wondering when do they do these pics? Is it crowded where you get them done? Is there appointments? Can ya tell I have no clue? I've seen some with cool backgrounds and also some just on a great big staircase. Are these both done by the photographer or can you get anyone to take this pic?

The photographers take the pictures in the evening, pretty much when dinner begins... around 5:30 I believe. I have been on 2 NCL ships, and only one time I remember waiting maybe 5 minutes and that was on formal night. Other than that, there really has been no wait. There are no appointments, just walk right up to the background you like, you may have to wait for another couple/family to have their picture taken, then your up! These pics are done by photographers. Pose in as many pictures as you would like, you are never obligated to purchase any of them. I love going around from station to station and having tons of pics taken, because by the end of the trip there has to be at least one decent one :) Oh, I also suggest waiting until the last night to purchase your photographs, on our first cruise we bought pictures as soon as the previous nights were printed, and wished we had waited until the end of the trip because there are more to choose from, and the one we already bought wasn't our best!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

As already mentioned, there will be "stations" set up in the Grand Atrium pretty much every night around dinner time. Some will utilize the ship's design (staircase, Dawn model, etc.) while others are just fake backgrounds. No need for appointments. Works just like a buffet, if you like a particular background, just walk right up to it and put on your best smile(s). In addition, you'll have roaming photographers in the dining rooms on certain nights as well as photos with someone in costume at each port.

If you like a particular angle that utilizes the ship's interior as a background, you can certainly come back when the photographers aren't set up and use your own camera to the take your own photos. The fake backgrounds of course can only be taken by the photographer.

Great advice from the last poster... wait until the end of the cruise before deciding on which shots you'd like to purchase. They don't remove the photos unless you specifically ask them to, so you have the entire cruise to decide and gather your photos together before purchasing.

they are set up mostly near the information desk area....we usually plan on having our picture taken when we're dressed up and casual also and usually plan on doing it before we eat out evening meal....the back grounds do change evening to evening also ....you will also have pictures taken as you get off the ship in each port if you wish......

Archived