What to do if it rains?

kajohn

We are leaving for Bermuda July 1, and so far the 10 day forcast is saying rain for the first two days we are in port. Any suggestions of things to do on rainy days? Hopefully the predictions will not be correct, but I want to have a plan "just in case"!

Depending on where you dock, it pored on our second day in Bermuda. We were docked at the Dockyards and we were to do the Trolley. The trolley was closed in and we did the Dock yards plus. We had a very good guide and he took us all over that area. I even got to take a few great pics. There is a shopping strip at the Dockyards, some restaurants,a gallery a cake factory and a glass blowing shop. This will not take up your whole day. You can catch a bus or a ferry to other parts of the island.

The rain was so bad that the Captain was going to leave early but we ended up staying in port till dawn of the next day. I am sure others will come on and tell you what elese there is. There is an Aquarium and small zoo on the island also. Hopefully the rain will be a non-factor. Happy Sailing.

Thanks for the help. We are on the Zeinith so we will be docking in Hamilton an St. George.

Is the dockyards worth going to if we are not docked there?

One of the best things about going to the Dockyards is the trip --- you can take the ferry from Hamilton for about $4.00 each way, and it's a really nice boat ride across the harbor, relaxing and scenic.The ferry station is close to the cruise ship dock, just go left off the ship and you'll see it. In my experience, a couple of hours at the Dockyards is enough, but in addition, the Frog&Onion Pub is a great place to stop for lunch. Have fun!! PS --- The price of the ferry is included if you have bought a one or three day bus pass.

Bermuda weather is odd in that rain is usually heavy but short - a rain cloud will pass by the island, dump rain for 15 minutes, then it'll be sunny for the rest of the day. That means that most weather forecasts will show rain & sun for the day.

However, on the odd chance you're in port during one of those "rains all day" kind of days, you could try the Aquarium/Zoo (most of it is indoors), shopping around Hamilton, the Swizzle Inn, the Crystal Caves, or the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI). All of these are nice ways to get out of the rain. :cool:

Archived