Freedom Xmas 2007 - first timer

Just booked very first cruise for me and DBF (35 & 32) flying from UK and staying overnight in Miami before joining Freedom - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise departing Dec 23rd 2007 :D :D :D .

Hopefully, other familly members will be joining us but if not then so be it.

We have managed to get cabin E2 No: 8638 (Port hump, deck 8) - Is this going to be OK as we can still change?

Can anyone let me know what it will be like onboard over the Christmas vacation - will there be loads of decorations, carolling etc or will it be 'played down'. Will Christmas Eve/day be 'formal' or will it be the same as any other time of year. Will there be any specific 'Christmas' activities?

ANY advice will be gratefully received - I am reading these boards on a daily basis to get tips etc, but would love to hear from someone who knows what it's like to cruise at Xmas.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying. :)

We went on our first holiday cruise last winter, and we boarded on December 25th. It was a different cruise line, but the ship was decorated a little, and they really didn't do much about the holiday. Our last night onboard was New Year's Eve, and that DID get played up a lot - deck party, etc. This year, we'll be onboard the Legend OTS on X-mas, so I'll be able to give you a better idea about how RCI does things when we get back.

We did our first holiday cruise on the Grandeur out of Tampa last year, the ship was decorated very well, with christmas carols being played quietly over the speakers. A traditional Christmas Dinner was served in the DR on Christmas Eve. Christmas day was a sea day, at about 9:00am the captain came on the intercom, and said that they had noticed a blip on the radar, thought it might be Santa, so had shut 2 of the engines down, to allow him to come down the funnels those engine used. Shortly after, Santa arrived and gave out presents etc. A really great cruise and a great way to spend the holidays:) .

Being from the UK though, you might find it strange to be in 80*f weather at Christmas.

Being from the UK though, you might find it strange to be in 80*f weather at Christmas.

That's the bit I'm looking forward to the most :D I think we are in port on Christmas Day (Haiti) but it would be nice if Santa came to say hello ;)

Just hoping for a bit of Christmas spirit really, decorations will be nice, and I hope there will be a tree or two.........

That's the bit I'm looking forward to the most :D I think we are in port on Christmas Day (Haiti) but it would be nice if Santa came to say hello ;)

Just hoping for a bit of Christmas spirit really, decorations will be nice, and I hope there will be a tree or two.........

We were originally booked on the Sovereign, but they changed the itinery, so we were going to be on Coco Cay for Christmas Day, we changed to the Grandeur as Christmas was a Sea Day. We were worried that Christmas may not be celebrated, due to the passengers and crew being of so many different nationalities and faiths, but we were well suprised and had a really fab time. The whole shop was in the Christmas Spirit, with the decorations and trees. Merry Christmas:D

Archived