rennaisance

nurseblissful

We stayed at the Renaissance in April this year. We stayed there pre-cruise. Princess picked us up at the airport and brought us there and then picked us up the next day and took us to the terminal. Actually,the terminal is just up the street as my husband and I walked there in the morning and saw the ship. The hotel was very nice.

There is a great Italian restaurant right across the walkway from the hotel. I can't seem to recall the name of it at the moment. It was very reasonable. It might have been called Bravo,but I am not sure.

Hope this helps.

Jan

I was to stay at this hotel (booked through Celebrity) but have now cancelled, I was rather shocked at the cost . $287 for one night for one person, just for the room - no meals .

Since the cruise line was not offering any "for fee" transport of any kind to Ft Lauderdale, I have to hire a limo, so decided to go same day as sailing and save the $287 toward cost of limo.

I do suggest you check the cost of the room before making a final reservation., you may get another hotel at a better rate. Looking at the pre cruise hotel section of the board may help.

I was to stay at this hotel (booked through Celebrity) but have now cancelled, I was rather shocked at the cost . $287 for one night for one person, just for the room - no meals .

Since the cruise line was not offering any "for fee" transport of any kind to Ft Lauderdale, I have to hire a limo, so decided to go same day as sailing and save the $287 toward cost of limo.

I do suggest you check the cost of the room before making a final reservation., you may get another hotel at a better rate. Looking at the pre cruise hotel section of the board may help.

The taxi fare from the airport to the Renaissance wouldn't be more that $10.

i know it is a little pricey. but this is our 20th anniversary trip and i want it all.....lol. let's hope i get it. will this be the hotel for our trip do you think? i just want it to be nice. i work shifts so i am not rich. but i can manage nice. let me hear from you.....

i know it is a little pricey. but this is our 20th anniversary trip and i want it all.....lol. let's hope i get it. will this be the hotel for our trip do you think? i just want it to be nice. i work shifts so i am not rich. but i can manage nice. let me hear from you.....

It is a very good hotel. Very good service. It is near the cruise terminal. Lots of very good restaurants nearby. Bimini Boatyard and many more. Nice Bakery cafe nearby for breakfast.Also a short walk to water taxi which you can take to Los Olas. I don't know about pricey, I got it for $80 a night on Priceline....

Are you looking at the one on 17th Street or in Plantation?

I stayed at the one on 17th Street and it is fine. I really didn't like the pool area - it is near a busy street. The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants, the water taxi and the pier. It by no means is a "WOW" hotel but it is a nice, clean hotel up to usual Marriott standards.

I liked Bravos Italian Restaurant which is right across the parking lot.

I personally prefer the Embassy Suites to the Renaissance but that is a personal preference.

I would take the shuttle or taxi to the pier. It is one of those things that it is easy to see the ship but getting there is another story, especially with luggage....And if the ship isn't in the normal Princess spot (if there are 2 Princess ships at the pier that day), it could be a long way to check-in.

The Renaissance's room looks just like any other hotel room. I prefer the size of the suites at Embassy Suites. I also like the Happy Hour, the comlimentary breakfast in the morning and the pool area is nicer. Though - you may want to check on the pool area if this is important - it may have been damaged with last year's hurricane - I don't know if it is open yet. The Renaissance is much newer compared to the Embassy Suites but I still prefer Embassy Suites - just my opinion. After saying that, the past couple of times - I have stayed at Renaissance and the Marriott (now the Grande). It is all how the price works out. They are all good hotels and I would stay at any of them again - it is just Embassy Suites is my preference.

The Renaissance's room looks just like any other hotel room. I prefer the size of the suites at Embassy Suites. I also like the Happy Hour, the comlimentary breakfast in the morning and the pool area is nicer. Though - you may want to check on the pool area if this is important - it may have been damaged with last year's hurricane - I don't know if it is open yet. The Renaissance is much newer compared to the Embassy Suites but I still prefer Embassy Suites - just my opinion. After saying that, the past couple of times - I have stayed at Renaissance and the Marriott (now the Grande). It is all how the price works out. They are all good hotels and I would stay at any of them again - it is just Embassy Suites is my preference.

Stayed at the Embassy Suites several times. The Renaissance is definitly a notch above the Embassy Suites. The Embassy Suites is kind of tired a bit worn, the Renaissance is a classy place.

Stayed at the Embassy Suites several times. The Renaissance is definitly a notch above the Embassy Suites. The Embassy Suites is kind of tired a bit worn, the Renaissance is a classy place.

For me - I really preferred the Embassy Suites. Embassy Suites offered so much more to the hotel stay and the Renaissance just seemed like a typical Marriott hotel. Just my opinion..

My remark about transportation was that my trip (with Celebrity) the cruise line was not utilizing the Cruise Connection bus from the Gulf Coast side of FL, to Ft Lauderdale which they have done in the past for a fee of $59, nor could I book to go from west coast of Fl to Ft Lauderdale by air with cruise line. Going by air on my own meant either using two single engine planes via Tampa cost of about $260, or AA via Pittsburgh for about same price , add that to the cost of the hotel and it was far too much (I already have an air fare back from San Diego at the completion of the cruise to pay for).

Plus of course I would require a taxi from my home to the airport and from the airport to the hotel in Ft Lauderdale and the cost really skyrocketed.

A limo from my home to Ft Lauderdale direct to the ship will cost about $375-$400

We have stayed at the Renaissance and Embassy Suites. We give a slight edge to Embassy Suites over the Renaissance as our preference. We really enjoy the larger rooms and the breakfast in the morning.

I stayed at the Renaissance 2 years ago and had a regular room with 2 queens. The room was just an ordinary room but the restaurant and bar were nice. The pool is just a rectangle next to the road. Nothing special but we didn't use it anyways so it didn't matter. What was nice was looking out the window at the ship. Somehow it builds the anticipation. We are reserved there again but this time in a 1 bedroom suite and am hoping it is nicer. I am also looking at the Doubletree Guest Suites. The renovated rooms there look beautiful and they are a suite vs. a regular room. I considered Embassy Suites but have read so many nasty reviews of that hotel on trip advisor that I can't bring myself to book it. I'd like to hear from someone who's been there recently and can discount the reports of bugs in the rooms that are being reported on tripadvisor.com.

$287! I can understand your shock. :eek: Maybe it's the time of the year (off season), but we're paying $89 at the Renaissance in September for one night before our cruise.

Archived