Jewellery

rance222

According to the Shopping Expert on the ship, Aruba is the best place to jewelry shop. Be sure to get your coupons at the shore excursion desk for free stuff and $ off purchase. You can negotiate prices there too. I bought a tanzanite ring that started out twice the price I ended up with. Then I used the ship coupon for $100 off. They tried to tell me they couldn't honor it with the low price I got, but I had them check with the manager and she said okay.

Jewelry shopping is ok there. I think St. M & St. T are better but if you aren't going to either of those then I think you can probably find what you want in Aruba. Check out Kay's. They have a decent selection and are very friendly, courteous, and helpful without being overly pushy.

We have a timeshare in Aruba and we have purchased our jewelery at a place recommended to us by long time visitors to Aruba. The name is Bijoux Jewelers and its located on the street behind Kays Jewelers. We purchased a ring for a price no other place could match. We walked out of Tanzinite International (Diamonds International) they would not deal. If you go to Bijoux ask for Sean or his brother Raj. Tell them Pat & Kim sent you.

Do you think the jewelry prices are better in Aruba or in Acapulco? I usually buy one nice piece of jewelry on each cruise. Aruba will be near the beginning of the cruise and Acapulco will be near the end. I have bought from Kay's Jewelry in St. Martin.

Our company has secret shopped both Mexico and Aruba. Be very careful shopping in Mexico, there are a LOT of scams there. Aruba gets very high marks in regards to Jewelry.

The most sought after items this year are the fancy colored diamonds.... Blue, yellow, green and orange. There are some wonderful Emeralds in Aruba, they get them right from Colombia and are very high quality.

If you are visiting Aruba in the summer you can usually bargain a good deal, its the slow season!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Complete Guide to Duty Free Shopping in the Caribbean

Archived