Transportation to Port from Ft. Lauderdale

POF5

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami? We took the shuttle round trip last cruise, however once at the port we were stuck on the shuttle for 45 minutes waiting for a parking spot. I am wondering if a taxi would be less or no morethan the cost of the shuttle one way. It is $40 per person rt for the shuttle and we are a party of 4 traveling so anything under $80 would be as good or better considering exiting a taxi would be faster.

we don't want to wait on the shuttle either so we have reserved a "private car" to pick us up at the FLL airport and take us to the port of miami..there are 3 of us and the cost is $64. As soon as we gather our luggage we will be off to the port because the driver will be waiting for us. Go to www.floridalimo.com to read about and reserve their services.

Hope this helps...we go on 7/10, I can let you know when we get back how it went.

I haven't reserved them for the return trip to the airport yet...we will be in no hurry to get back to the airport due to our flight times, so I am considering just using the ships shuttle service...still thinking on that one, I may end up reserving them the day we arrive to be picked up just due to the cheaper cost sompared to the what the cruise charges.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami? We took the shuttle round trip last cruise, however once at the port we were stuck on the shuttle for 45 minutes waiting for a parking spot. I am wondering if a taxi would be less or no morethan the cost of the shuttle one way. It is $40 per person rt for the shuttle and we are a party of 4 traveling so anything under $80 would be as good or better considering exiting a taxi would be faster.

We also fly in the day before we cruise. It is usually about $10 plus tip to get to the hotel (which is halfway) and another $10 taxi ride from the hotel to port the next morning.

It is usually about $10 plus tip to get to the hotel (which is halfway) and another $10 taxi ride from the hotel to port the next morning.

That's the going rate from FLL to PORT EVERGLADES. The OP was asking about transport from FLL to PORT OF MIAMI. :rolleyes:

This is one airport where you definitely can take a cab...rather than waiting for the bus to fill up with incoming passengers, we did this the last time we cruised out of Port Everglades and it cost less than $25, including the tip!!

The extra bonus is getting into a less than busy cruise terminal and getting on board quickly and, best of all, leaving the boat when we wanted and walking over to a cab and getting to the airport all in 20 minutes!!

We also did this in San Francisco where the drive from the airport to the dock is a long trip...the bus was still sitting and waiting when we pulled out of the airport and we were on our way!!

In the future, we're going to look at that way rather than transfers wherever we go...it's kind of hard to find out about some cities...but now that I've found this board, I know I can get best opinions.

You can see that I get impatient wanting to be cruising instead of hanging around. :rolleyes:

Archived