Port Canaveral- Beach Trolley

lenny24

My family is cruising in August and we have a stop in Port Canaveral. I just found something on the Route #9 Beach Trolley that supposedly runs from the port to cocoa beach up to 13th street for $1.

-Has anyone used this and would they recommend this?

-Is the pick up from the port area easy to find and get to (we'll be in cruise terminal #5)?

-We were thinking of getting off at the Alan Shepard Park stop, is this a good beach to chill at?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

That bus only goes to the south side of the port, terminal 5 is on the north side. The only access from the north side to the south side is a highway. The options for getting around are taxi, rental car(starting about $35/day), or the FunBus(about $6/person).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Funbus provides transprtation to and from Port Canaveral for $6..00 all day.

Their destinations include wal-mart(ho hum), merritt island square mall in the big busses located right outside the terminal. They also have shuttle transport to target, circuit city and other destinations including cocoa village.

Beware, there will be other busses outside the terminal, but Funbus is the only transport to any and all locations.

Elsie

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what side the Carnival Glory docks on north or south? Also which terminal?

We were contemplating renting a car and driving a ways down A1A (I think that was the road #)...anyways we thought we might stop at beach or two if the weathers right...otherwise we just want to check out the views while driving down the coast.

CaribbeanCrazy

• 2 weeks later...

The Funbus stops at any terminal a ship is docked at. I think it runs about every 15 - 30 minutes, not sure of their schedule. They primarily serve crew members, but many passengers use them on port of call stops. They're listed on Port Canaveral's website http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm I would suggest calling them directly with any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived