Titusville hotel help!

artt

We have booked the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn in Titusville for one night prior to our 08/12 Glory sailing. Has anyone stayed here? Is this a decent hotel? We mainly need a nice room and pool - don't need fancy amenities! How far is it from this hotel to Port Canaveral? Thanks for any info!!

Yes, eat at DixieCrossroads. It is at exit 220, then east 2 miles.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at exit 215, Titusville in 2005 and it was clean, comfortable, great beds, spacious rooms, and an excellent value. The beds were queen size, not doubles.

Hi Artt,

I have reservations there for my trip in a couple of weeks... I will try to remember :eek: to get you a review after I return... ;)

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of DixieCrossroads.. I'll give it a try:)

We have booked the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn in Titusville for one night prior to our 08/12 Glory sailing. Has anyone stayed here? Is this a decent hotel? We mainly need a nice room and pool - don't need fancy amenities! How far is it from this hotel to Port Canaveral? Thanks for any info!!

We stayed here a few years ago - I probably wouldn't stay there again. It is an older hotel -motel really. It has all outside entrances. The pool is small. It appeared to be clean, but I just wasn't sure. They did have a breakfast that included biscuits and gravy along with other typical continental breakfast items. I don't remember what we paid but it wasn't very much. I am not sure how far it is from Port Canaveral - seems like maybe 30 - 45 minutes?

These people have already charged my credit card...not sure what that's all about... I booked it in April. My cruise is in July... my credit card was charged June 16... the room had a cancellation policy of 6 pm day of arrival so I hope I don't have an issue with them if I don't like the room....

These people have already charged my credit card...not sure what that's all about... I booked it in April. My cruise is in July... my credit card was charged June 16... the room had a cancellation policy of 6 pm day of arrival so I hope I don't have an issue with them if I don't like the room....

I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask about this! Some one probably made an error. Did they actually put the charge on a statement from your credit card company or just put a hold on the money?

AART: you might try reading reviews on tripadvisor.com to see what others thought of this place.

I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask about this! Some one probably made an error. Did they actually put the charge on a statement from your credit card company or just put a hold on the money?

Yeah... I'm going to give them a call.... it is an actual charge on my credit card statement... It's really not an issue if the place is ok... but you never really know until you get there... I looked on my confirmation to make sure that I didn't book an advance payment rate and I didn't... so it's really odd.... guess someone needed quota for end of quarter or something.... who knows

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at this motel pre-cruise on July 14. As I had stated in my previously in this thread, I booked this with Bestwestern.com and held it with my credit card. They charged my credit card a month prior to staying. I made several attempts to get this straightened out and Customer service said it was the actual motel that charged it and they could see no reason why they would have done it... and the actual motel pointed their fingers back at bestwestern.com saying they booked me as a prepaid. I made several calls over two weeks trying to get this fixed. No one would ever take responsibilty and no one would ever fix the problem.

The day before I was to arrive, I received a call from someone at the motel and she told me that I had been booked as a prepaid (which was not correct). She assured me that it would not be a problem when I arrived.... Again I tried to call Bestwestern.com because I had a feeling it would be a problem and could not reach anyone at this point.

When I arrived at the hotel (after the cancellation time) I told the lady at the desk the experience I was having and that they had already billed me for this. She told me that she had no record of me ever paying for it. I gave her the names and the people I spoke with... she called bestwestern.com and asked them if I actually ever talked to them or if I was just saying I did... then she told me that my ticket had been cleared by someone at her facility (who was not available) and that if I wanted to stay there I had to give up my credit card again because no one had any record of this being paid and if it had actually been paid she would have record. She also said no one from her facility would have ever told me it was prepaid. She was very rude. Unfortunately, I forgot to pickup my credit card statement from my desk after trying to get everything fixed before left home, so I could not present the statement to her. She also told me I could go else where to stay... but it was after my cancellation time I would be charged for the room.... I had to pay for the room again and I am still trying to get it resolved...

Later that evening, my son went to the office to use the internet service and overheard her tell several people that they just got a new computer system and were having problems and had screwed everyone's reservations up...

I am not a confrontational person... and it was very upsetting for them to treat me as if I was trying to get a free room out of them and basically call me a liar...

My suggestion... if you stay at this motel, book through Travelocity or a third party because bestwestern.com and the local motel has no clue as to what they are doing... and will not take responsibility for their screw ups.... at least with Travelocity, they will handle all the BS for you and you. I will never deal directly with Best Western again and seriously doubt that I will stay at any of their properties again because of this very negative experience...

As for the hotel... it was very nice for the price (but not for double). It was a bit further from the port than I had hoped for but it was clean and well taken care of. I did not have breakfast at this facility so I cannot comment on the service there.

If I had it to do all over again, I would go to the Radisson at the port... it was very close and everyone I spoke to seemed to have had a great experience there....

As for the Dixie Crossings.... I had the Crab Legs and they were very good. My son had shrimp and said it was good....Side items was not that great but the main dish was good....This is not a fancy place by no means, more of a family style with a bar....very laid back atmosphere.... blue jeans, tennis shoes, cut off shorts etc... I would go definately go back for the crab legs they were really good.... the wait staff was very friendly...

Archived