Jacksonville suggestions...please!!!!

mzloolue

I am hoping that someone is familiar with Jacksonville.

My family is cruising in August and we are planning to leave a bit early so that we will have at least a day to do arounf Jacksonville.

I am hoping for recommendations for a nice quiet beach, eating places, historical sites, hotel or modest B&Bs that offer cruise parking.

I have been searching for Jacksonville information, but I have not found too much that is helpful.

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!

Been a number of years since we lived there but for staying on the beach do a search under Jacksonville Beach. The city is on the river and quite a ways from the beach. Maybe 15-20 minutes away? There are quite a few hotels right on the beach and some really good places to eat.

I am hoping that someone is familiar with Jacksonville.

My family is cruising in August and we are planning to leave a bit early so that we will have at least a day to do arounf Jacksonville.

I am hoping for recommendations for a nice quiet beach, eating places, historical sites, hotel or modest B&Bs that offer cruise parking.

I have been searching for Jacksonville information, but I have not found too much that is helpful.

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!

Hi mzloolue, We just went on the Celebration this month (6/8-6/12) and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Airport. It's right off of I-95 and only 15min from port (the exit for the port was only one mile from where we were). We also did their Cruise Package which included leaving our car there and round-trip shuttle service for 2 (cost us about $115). As far as beaches and sight are concerned just keep on I-95 and you will see signs for the zoo, downtown area, and the Beaches. Dh and I went to Jacksonvile beach the night before our cruise, took a nice long but relaxing walk.

ljchris1990

If you stay at the Holiday Inn at the airport as suggested by ljchris - you could go north one exit on I95 and head east to the little town of Fernandina Beach. It is a quaint little town with a beautiful beach and lots of little shops and restaurants.

Just south of Fernandina on A1A is Amelia Island which is a really scenic drive once you get past Amelia Island Plantation. After you cross the bridge you are on Little Talbot Island where there is a state park. Nice, quiet, beautiful beach.

Keep going south and you will come across a ferry that will take you over to Mayport (Naval station - you may even see an aircraft carrier :eek: or at least some frigates may be home:D ) There is also a park there called Hanna Park - which has a nice beach.

South of Mayport on A1A is Jax Beach.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your pre-cruise visit!!:D

Archived