Just off Navigator(Eastern) Any ?'s

I have been told and I have read on here that the Navigator no longer has what they call "Smart Casual dress nights." Can you tell me if that is still true?

I would also like to know what you saw as far as how the dress code was in the dining room on the nights other than formal nights?

Thank you. ;)

Had a fabulous time with 3 teens on Navigator. Would be happy to answer any questions.

We just got back from the June 17 sailing also!! :D What a wonderful time despite not so great weather!! We had 2 teens as well and I am so pleased to know that they made friends & memories that will last a lifetime. I have to mention that Graham Seymour put a dash of sunshine into everyday with his wonderful sense of humor as well.

Alexis as for your question regarding the dress there were no "semi" nights as you had heard or at least referred to as such by the RCCL crew or Compass. We all "dressed" for dinner on those nights as if we were going out to dinner at any other off shore restaurant. I can honestly say that I didn't really take notice of anyone elses clothing choices on those nights. I did notice some BEAUTIFUL clothing on formal nights as it was hard to miss. I wouldn't put a lot of fret into clothing, I'm sure anything you decide on would be fine. Common sense is the key as with anything :) . I hope you have a wonderful upcoming trip, it seems to end all to soon!!

Did you venture into the piano bar? (sing a long piano bar) Was it fun? Rowdy? Sedate? And, who was the piano player?

We have to wait till February for Navigator... love reading about others' experience on the ship in the meantime.

We just got back from the June 17 sailing also!! :D What a wonderful time despite not so great weather!! We had 2 teens as well and I am so pleased to know that they made friends & memories that will last a lifetime. I have to mention that Graham Seymour put a dash of sunshine into everyday with his wonderful sense of humor as well.

Alexis as for your question regarding the dress there were no "semi" nights as you had heard or at least referred to as such by the RCCL crew or Compass. We all "dressed" for dinner on those nights as if we were going out to dinner at any other off shore restaurant. I can honestly say that I didn't really take notice of anyone elses clothing choices on those nights. I did notice some BEAUTIFUL clothing on formal nights as it was hard to miss. I wouldn't put a lot of fret into clothing, I'm sure anything you decide on would be fine. Common sense is the key as with anything :) . I hope you have a wonderful upcoming trip, it seems to end all to soon!!

Hi Lookingtohome,

In all of our 21 cruises I have always dressed very formal on those nights and I always wore Smart Casual every other night of a cruise. I have a lot of long dresses that would be "church type" and wondered if anyone else still wears them? I also wondered how many woman wear just a blouse and slacks, or a blouse and Capri's? No jeans, this is not another jeans thread. I would never wear them to dinner. :)

I do not want to be overdressed if it is more casual on the Navigator..

Hi Lookingtohome,

In all of our 21 cruises I have always dressed very formal on those nights and I always wore Smart Casual every other night of a cruise. I have a lot of long dresses that would be "church type" and wondered if anyone else still wears them? I also wondered how many woman wear just a blouse and slacks, or a blouse and Capri's? No jeans, this is not another jeans thread. I would never wear them to dinner. :)

I do not want to be overdressed if it is more casual on the Navigator..

I do remember seeing lots of sundresses, long and short. No capris I don't think, but then again I really didn't take to much notice. I wish I could be more helpful.

No to the piano bar question, but heard loads of rukus and people seemed to be having a GREAT time!! All of the shows were top notch and you have already heard me sing my praises to Mr. Seymour for an outstanding job, not only in his act(s) but on a whole regarding his charges.

We were on Deck 6 cabins 6580, 81 & 82. The bedding seemed just fine, but by no means new.

My kids 13 & 16 enjoyed EVERY moment of the AO program and it was difficult to pull them away for time together though we managed. It was if they had spent the entire summer with the friends that they made on board instead of one week. I don't recall horse racing on the pool deck or otherwise but remember our weather was not ideal. They did have a mens sexy legs contest and the usual belly flop tourney, quite entertaining!! I hope this helps everyone and I'm sorry to the OP, I didn't mean to hijack your thread :o . Just trying to help!! :D

We head to Miami this Friday for a Saturday cruise on the Navigator (Eastern). We are so excited!!!!

I do have a couple of questions:

We are still trying to decide on which nights we will eat at Chops and Portofinos. Did you eat at either of these specialty restaurants and if so, which nights? If not, which nights did you consider the "weakest" in the main dining room?

Which nights are the formal ones? I assume the two sea days, but have never heard for sure.

What excursions did you do or did you just explore the islands on your own?

I feel so unprepared for this trip as I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had time to think about it much. I am looking forward to the trip, though, (I need it!) and any help/advice you can give in the next 18 hours would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Barb

Archived