Baltic Ports?

Just back from Baltic Cruise Aboard Constellation which left 6/03/06. No tenders were used in any port of call. There were shuttles if you want to go it alone. Althought in Gdansk we were advised against it as the shuttle only went to Gdynia so we took a tour to Gdansk. We actually did tours in most ports except for Copenhagen, Klaipeda and Rostock where we were fine on our own. Sometimes day after day of tours can get to you.

There's no mention of any shuttles in the NCL brochure however it's been mentioned in this forum. That's why this forum is so great and there's such a wealth of information for a new cruiser like me. Were you told of shuttles by the crew when you had already left Dover? When do you book the rides for this? Is this free? Are there definitely shuttles scheduled for every NCL Baltic Cruise departure date ? I am contemplating going about on my own on some ports that's why I'm asking. I want to do these Hop on hop ff tours but I have no idea where these shuttles drop you off and pick you up. Is it hard to go through port? customs if you are not part of a tour group when you get off the ship? Can someone advise? Thank you for the info.:)

Archived