L.A. Weight Loss ~ Anyone from this board doing it?

Family of 14,

My niece was on it and lost 50 lbs. and has managed to keep it off over a year now. My sister and sister-in-law are doing it too! DS has lost about 30 lbs. since Feb. and DSIL is down about 20 or so lbs. They all seem to be very happy with the program.

Good Luck to your DD whatever she choses.

Ginny :)

I did LA weight loss a few years back and lost 40 pounds. Went back to the same old eating patterns and gained it all back. SO NOW.....I'm back at it. I have lost 21 1/2 pounds since mid March. The plan is easy but quite expensive. You're supposed to go 3 times a week to weigh in which I like because I am less likely to cheat if I'm being watched that closely. Sometimes they try to push the supplements on you but don't get sucked into it. The thing about weight loss is that you have to change your eating patterns for life or no diet plan will be successful. I learned it the hard way and I hope I will never be in a size 14/16 again. Good luck to her!

Ugh! So many things I'd like to say about LA weightloss but many of them contain 4 letters and would probably tick people off :eek: so I'll keep them to myself. I'll admit that most of my issue with them was due to the counselling staff in our local area. The ones that were gawd-awful stuck around and moved into management in the 8 months I was on the plan and the really helpful and loveable ones left or were fired because they weren't selling enough. They had alot of turnover.

I did lose weight but it comes down to a 12-1500 calorie diet plus their "suppliments" which are chitosan and some other stuff thrown in. I couldn't take them because they gave me horrible stomach cramps. They also hard sell "lites" which are protein bars or shakes with lots of sugar. And the last time I was in they were pushing a drink that was like that Hollywood 48 that's supposed to make you drop 10 pounds in 48 hours.

If you can say no to the product hard sell then basically what you're paying for is support and service. If you're lucky enough to have a well staffed center near you then you probably will have success because the diet is pretty well rounded. In my case the only 2 consistant people were such downers that I left feeling depressed even when I lost. I also found it extremely inconvenient to have to visit the office 3 times a week.

I haven't been back in about 3 years but they still call every 3 or 4 months which gets me steamed all over again. In fact I got a call tonight which is probably what made me respond to this thread.

Well, that's the opinion of me and me only so take it for what it's worth.

Tami

• 3 weeks later...

LA Weightloss. I wouldn't spend the moeny agian and wish I had what I gave them back. I spent over 500 bucks to lose 50 pounds. I was on the program for about 4 weeks and had lost 22 pounds when I was rushed to the hospital with multiple kidney stones. I spent several weeks passing the stones and recovering and gained bakc more than what I had lost. When I went to LA Weightloss with a note from the physician (who said the kidney stones were a result of the diet) they refused to return the rest of my money. You make your decision but I wouldn't do it again...

I lost 75 lbs and had not lost all the weight by the time my purchased time was up. I thought that it was "guaranteed", but if you do not follow the plan EXACTLY, they do not honor the guarantee. I mean you must do everything by the book. If you don't eat everything or miss a meal or eat one thing that is not on the list, don't drink all your water, miss going to weight-ins, any little thing, the guarantee is void and you have to "purchase" more time. Also, I have ordered the "lites" from ebay, at a much lower cost, and they didn't like that at all. I don't know of any way that they will ever honor their guarantee because there is no way that you can do it to the book exactly. The only way I know if to cheat and make your diary look like you do everything right. I followed it extremely well, but because some days I may have missed a fruit, or missed drinking all my water, they wouldn't honor it. I became discouraged and upset and quit, and have gained almost all of it back. I am really upset with myself for doing that, but I really got tired of eatting the same thing day after day.

It will work, but you have to really be disciplined, and have a "deep pocket" because it is expensive. Also lie a little on your diary (I shouldn't say that).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the plan for 7 weeks - have lost over 15 pounds and am loving it. Don't understand how one can get kidney stones from protein, veggies, fruit, starches, dairy, and one fat. But if doc said that's how you got it - guess it is. Too bad.

When I bought my program I purchased the bars and am so glad I did. They are my savior every day. Keeps me from eating things I shouldn't.

I can honestly say that I have never been pressured into buying anything since my initial program payment. No one has ever pushed supplements or other food. The "counselors" have all been just super, there isn't one at my center that I don't like.

I can't tell you how much $ I've spent on WW, Weight Loss Clinic, shakes, etc., and basically lost nothing - or even gained some weeks, so the cost of the program seemed o.k. to me. I purchased my bars in bulk so they cost me $1.50 each. I know I spent more than that on crap food and eating out each week before joining this program.

I'm very happy at the moment and will be 54 pounds less in December - I can't wait!

Archived