HAL's Volendam

boomerSexyK

My wife and I are looking at a partial Panama cruise for next April. We have cruised on Celebrity Constellation(Sky Suite) and this November will be doing the Zuiderdam (SY suite). I think it will be nice to try a slightly smaller ship before they all become "Gigantic-Colossal of the Seas"!! I require an HC cabin and we noticed that the Volendam has an unusal distinction of having four aft HC cabins - AA 7087, AA7088, B6225, B6228 - seems to be a rare item. Anyhow I was wondering if any of our fellow CC'rs have stayed in these cabins and can give a some lowdown on them. Of course pics are always the icing on the cake!! I think an aft cabin on the Panama would be really nice. Thanx in advance for any help:)

I haven't booked one of these cabins, but am familiar with them. They are very nice. The Volendam is a great ship with a fine staff. She is our favorite HAL ship and has never disappointed us.

Before booking a wheelchair accessible stateroom on Volendam, I requested photos of B6225 and B6228 from HAL's Access and Compliance Department (HALW_Access@hollandamerica.com). They had pictures of the bathrooms and balconies only (can't attach any here, the files are too big). The balconies look great. We decided on B6228 after speaking to a HAL cruise consultant, who recommended the port side for our 3-13-07 Panama Canal cruise. If anyone has pictures of the sleeping or sitting areas of either of these staterooms, would you please share them? Thanks.

Archived