Your favorite bar/meeting place on the Diamond for a sail away?

sashas_mom

We have a large cc group on the Diamond and are trying to figure out a good bar, outside, to have our sailaway. Outrigger, Oasis and Lotus have been suggested. Since I'm not familiar with the Diamond, would appreciate your input. Also, if you recommend one, please tell us where it is if you can. I only see the Outrigger on the cruise ship deck plans.

sasha'smom

We have a large cc group on the Diamond and are trying to figure out a good bar' date=' outside, to have our sailaway. Outrigger, Oasis and Lotus have been suggested. Since I'm not familiar with the Diamond, would appreciate your input. Also, if you recommend one, please tell us where it is if you can. I only see the Outrigger on the cruise ship deck plans.

sasha'smom[/quote']

Sasha, we were on the Sapphire(sister ship to Diamond) and our CC group met at the Outrigger which worked out to be just fantastic. Way beyond the Horizon Ct there is a big area with tables and chairs and a bar back there. It worked out really neat for our group which was about 40-50 people.

Marilyn

I have been to several M&G at Skywalker's. It has an incredible view and a great place to go for sailaway. We generally meet right after the muster and prior to sailing for our first meet. We just took over a corner and everyone ordered and paid for their own drinks.

I've coordinated two c/c gatherings on the Diamond and have scheduled a third for the 9/23 sailing. The Oasis Bar, in my opinion, is an excellent choice because it's so out of the way and larger than it looks on the deck plan. The bar itself has a covering, but the area around it is uncovered and there is a lot of deck rail to hang out on. Most importantly, there are public restrooms right around the corner. Good luck on your gathering!

Archived