Miami port - hotel w/ parking?

feistytigger

I originally thought it would be fun to stay in South Beach the night before the cruise, but now I think that might be a waste since our group mainly wants to sleep in. So... I've heard that some Miami hotels will let you park for free while you're gone and that some have shuttles to the port. Please share about this! Thanks!

feistytigger,

Although I dont have an answer for your direct question, I can tell you that I spent part of yesterday and the day before searching for a hotel between the airport and the pier, preference being closer to the pier.

For the date that I wanted February 17th, most of my choices were already sold out! This far ahead! Seven hotels in the pier area were sold out already. I decided on the Intercontinenetal, which charges to park your car there and has no shuttle to the port. I guess my point is that things book up fast there, so don't prolong your decision.

You may get some answers on this thread:

Where to stay in Miami / airport transfers.

Goodluck

enjoyinglife, thanks for the tip! I'm trying to get my group to book asap. But I did finally get the search feature to work and found out about parksleepfly.com, which pointed me to two hotels, and I found out the Baymont Inn also does what I want.

• 2 weeks later...

tigger, We stayed at the Baymont this winter (and have a rez for this fall) and it worked out fine. They have a very roomy shuttle (but make your reservations for that as soon as you check in ... it's free, but everyone wants to go on the first ones).

However, be aware they do not provide a shuttle back from the port; you will need to take a taxi. As I recall, though, it wasn't that expensive, well under $20 w/tip.

The hotel is clean and they also have a little buffet breakfast. It is not close to anything but the airport, though, and there isn't a restaurant in the hotel; there is one next door (across the parking lot) however.

hth,

Jan

Archived