Just got home yesterday...from Freedom's June 18th-25th sailing...any questions?

Snoopy, tell me about debarkation on the last day. We sail next March. I arranged my own flight home. Got notification today that the airline changed my flight time out of Miami. It is now 11:50 am. Is this going to be a problem? I asked this same question on another thread and some people from the inagural cruise told me no problem. That in fact they were off the ship early. They said RCCI will let you take your own luggage off the ship if you so desire, and that will even save more time in the debarkation. Can you shed any light on how it was for your cruise?

Snoopy, tell me about debarkation on the last day. We sail next March. I arranged my own flight home. Got notification today that the airline changed my flight time out of Miami. It is now 11:50 am. Is this going to be a problem? I asked this same question on another thread and some people from the inagural cruise told me no problem. That in fact they were off the ship early. They said RCCI will let you take your own luggage off the ship if you so desire, and that will even save more time in the debarkation. Can you shed any light on how it was for your cruise?

Hi Billy,

Debarkation was a breeze. My group got off at 9:30am and we were off quickly but one thing that took a while was the immigration line. We were in that line for about 20 minutes. I think if you do plan on getting off earlier, then you may have a smaller immigration line. If you can take your own luggage off the ship with you, you can get off as early as 6:30am. If you require assistance, then you can get off as early as 7:00am I think it was. Also, if you are on American Airlines, there are special facilities at the pier which allow you to check in your luggage right there and you go straight to the airport thereafter. If you are not on AA, then you can take any of the shuttles to the airport (there were several of them). I think that your flight is far off enough, you will be just fine. The drive from the pier to the airport doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

So glad to hear you had a great time! FOS looks so awesome, I can't wait to sail on her someday!

How was the weather in the caribbean? Would you say it was too hot and/or humid?

Thanks!

The weather was nice. It was quite hot and humid (at times) but mostly it was hot. Another thing, it was a bit overcast in the final 2 days or so. But not really rainly anytime at all. I was indoors most of the time though, as I live in the Eastern Caribbean and get more than enough sun throughout the year.

• 7 months later...

Archived