QE2 M1 Cabin 3001

maisie dormouse

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Can anyone help me out about M1 cabins? I am worried I should have saved up more and gone for a C cabin.

Maisie

Hi Maisie

Sorry you've not had an answer, and I'm not going to be of much use as I've not stayed that far forward on deck 3. You will be OK I'm sure, QE2 is a unique ship and I'm certain you will enjoy her. My only reason to change cabins would be if I were a poor sailor, that far forward you may feel any bad weather (however QE2 is more stable than most and a better sea boat than many), and if I was prone to feeling ill, I would ask for a change to a cabin further towards the stern. Except for a few rooms, you have the run of this famous liner, enjoy your voyage, she won't be around for very much longer. Just remember, she's an old lady, full of class and history with passengers with a tale or two to tell... if, on your next cruise, you travel on a modern ship, you'll find the experience very different.

Hi

Can anyone help me out about M1 cabins? I am worried I should have saved up more and gone for a C cabin.

Maisie

Maisie, I have not stayed in that cabin, but it is very far forward which makes it prone to feeing more motion if the seas are rough. I think you can get a more centrally located M-1 cabin on Four Deck. Attached is a website that actually gives you square footages of all the cabins. Click on Cunard, then follow to the QE2 deck plans link. I stayed in 4034 my first time on QE2 in 1980. It was fine. If you can get into the Caronia grade you will get a better dining room experience.

Happy Sailing! I hope you enjoy this unique ship.

Bobby

www.deluxecruises.com

My only reason to change cabins would be if I were a poor sailor, that far forward you may feel any bad weather.

The other reason to change is to go from early/late seating in Mauretania to single seating in the Caronia. I'm not sure that the food is a lot better but the dining times are.

I stayed in a forward cabin on the QE2, had no problems at all, I think on your cruise it should be the same, I would be more concerned if it was a transatlantic crossing, also I found the food and service great in the Mauritania restaurant, as already mentioned you may not get a huge advantage upgrading to Caronia apart from more flexible dining times.

Archived