Hyatt Regency - San Francisco

DesrtDrmr

Is anyone familiar with this hotel? I have read reviews at TripAdvisor, and some are not so hot. I am interested in whether or not you can see the ships at the cruise piers or not. I know it is across from the Ferry Building. Also, are there restaurants or shops in the Ferry Building that are easily accessible to the hotel, just for poking around?

Thanks!

Hi,

There may be some rooms that would allow you to see the cruise ships but not many; there is one side of the building generally facing the direction of the ships and maybe the back side (which faces Justin Herman Plaza) may have some rooms that would allow you to see the ships. There are a significant number of restaurants in the area: the Ferry Building has a number, as does the Embarcadero Center.

The California Street cable car is right at the Hyatt Regency but be sure and get a day (or 3-day) pass that you can use on all buses, cablecars and the underground otherwise you pay ridiculous one-way fares.

http://www.zinzanni.org/ This is the link for Teatro Zinzanni which is a dinner theatre not far from the Hyatt Regency that puts on a great show. It isn't cheap but well worth the price.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Ginnie!

I asked for a "view of the cruise ships" when I made our reservation, and now I know that I just MIGHT get one!!

We are driving in on Sunday, so wont have much time for sightseeing, as the ship leaves on Monday, but thanks so much for the information on Teatro Zinzanni. I checked out their website and it sounds FANTASTIC!!! I wish I'd heard of it when we were in Seattle looking for something to do.......... If we don't see it this time, we will definitely make an effort to do so in the future.

Thanks, again, so much for taking the time and trouble to answer my questions.

Laine

Archived