Queen Mary Early Check in / Not ????

southbayer

OK, first, i am not a newbie on here... But I am someone who "always" does the early check in in long beach..... I know all about the early check in procedures BUT.... This next cruise in Oct I won't be able to do the early check in..... So having said all that, if I get there at 2pm, am I still "required" to go into the queen mary to check in, or do i walk "straight to the dome and go inside" ?

:cool: I'm kinda thinking I still go to the check in desk at the queen mary first so i can get my sign and sail card and check in right ?? Anyone else have got to the pier at 2pm and have info for me on this ?? thanks

Going that late to the Dome, No you would not need to check in at the Queen Mary. That is only for "early" arrivals. Just head straight to the Dome and get in line with the rest, unless you have VIP check in. (Platinum cruisers or suite rooms) There are different lines for those folks. Just get on the ship before 3:30 and you will be good to go.

Around 11-ish the agents decamp from Queen Mary to the Dome. After that time, there's no one to serve you on Queen Mary. You get in the non-Zone 1 line and, once you enter the Dome, instead of going to the left like the Zone 1 people, you go to the right and wait in line for one of the check-in agents who are now in the Dome.

As I understand it, the early check-in allows them to get a full day's work from the agents and process some of the passengers while the Dome is still in use for debarking.

Have fun and wave to us on the webcam.

Archived