A request from passengers of Pacific Sun

discovery

Hi All,

I am new here and would like to know more about the Pacific Sun. I heard that this is a very nice ship.

I can tell from the virtual tour that they offer in their website :)

I would just like to ask those who have experienced being on this particular ship or the regulars in this website if you could post pictures of the restaurants inside the ship particularly the Bordeaux and Burgundy.

My family is planning on booking a cruise but my mother is very particular about the food and the place to eat.....

Is the food good? How about the waiters? Are they nice? Please provide pictures of them too if you have.

Also, would you know why there is an interval cruise between July 10, 2006 (N620) and July 25, 2006 (N622). There is no schedule for N621?

I hope to hear from all of you soon.....Thanks =)

I assume the gap is a school holidays cruise or perhaps it a charter cruise.

Have only been on the Sun once and really enjoyed it. I don't have any decent photos of the restaurants. Both were nice and the food was plentiful and good. All the waiters that have served us on any ship including the Sun make you feel like you are their best friends.

I wasn't that keen on the buffet restaurant. No problems, just felt it was dark and crowded. Food was still of good quality though.

When we did the bridge tour on the Sun in April we were told that it was going into dry dock in July. Will have to keep an eye on the cam.

Restaurants were lovely and food excellent. Waiters great too. I wanted to bring ours home with us. He was so friendly & so cute.

Karen

I'll have a look and see if I have any photo's of the restuarant. I think I do. Both restaurants on Sun are quite nice - although the booth style tables for four along the sides of the restaurant can feel a bit "lonely" as they are lower than the main restaurant, and you tend to only be able see what's happening in front of you.

I agree with ADF the Lido Buffet on Pacific Sun was very disorganised - there are too many ways of getting into it and no distict quieing for the different types of foods, which at busy times leads to lots of ducking weaving and dodging with plates of food.

Dry docking in July sounds about right. I don't think Pacific Sun has stopped sailing since she came to Australia in November 2004 so she must be about due for some work. She'll probably get her new style funnel logo at the same time.

I found the food and the service on the Pacific Sun to be of a high standard and much better than I expected. I never had a problem in the buffet area either altough I have read some found it 'busy'. It is popular but I knew people who dined in their allotted dining room for every meal. That is the way to go if you want very formal dining. I found the buffet to be relaxed and you can sit and watch the waves go by which we couldn't do in the formal dining room. I cannot praise the food high enough, really first class.

Thanks for the reply.

I would really appreciate it if you could find photos for me. =)

Sorry, discovered that I didn't really get any photo's of the restaurant on Pacific Sun - I think because of the awkward positon of our table we didn't really get to see much of the it.

If you go to this page;

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/vrx_pacific_sun.cfm?tourPage=5

you can do a virtual tour of the Burgundy Restaurant.

Archived