carnival pride kids carnival

charflores

This is our first cruise. My husband and I are traveling with our four kids, 2, 10, 11, 12. How will the kids be split up in the camp?

Also, I am very concerned that my 2-year-old won't want to go in the camp, are the volunteers very good with the kids and do they make them feel welcome.

Is your two year old potty trained?

I know the groups are 2 or 3 to 5

6-8

9-11

12-15

16 up

know that in the age 9-11 the 9 year olds can sign themselves in and out.

Younger kids can NOT move up to be with older kids BUT older ones can move down. (there is more of options to do things in the agt 9-11 group where the 12-15 group are thinking they are way to kewl for group activities.

Make a point of taking those kids to the firt meeting the first night.

Health hazard to the rest of the passengers. no children in diapers should be in the pool.

May I suggest lots of alty snacks then feed lots of drinks. Good luck.

Our youngest child didn't want to go into the kids program by herself. Her older sister was in an older age bracket. They allowed my older daughter to step down to the younger ones age group. Once she had her sibling with her, she had a blast. They told me their policy was to let older kids go down to a younger group if they wanted to. But they had a rule that younger kids could not go up a level for any reason. So you might ease the 2 year olds fears by having an older sibling stay with her.

As for the swimming pool, what I do is get the "little swimmers." They are made for little ones to swim in. They don't blow up real big like a diaper and they don't sag or leak. We put our daughter in one of those swim suits that had shorts on the bottom. It covered up the swim diapers real well. A little boy would be easier. You could just put swim trunks on over his. You could even try just going in the pool with the "little swimmers" on. They are very colorful and look just like swim trunks. And there are no health risks either. I've tried these and they don't leak.

I have seen the instructors at camp carnival holding little ones and giving them extra attention. They seemed to especially like the little ones. The age brackets mentioned were correct.

2-5 year olds have their own scheduled activities & instructor

6-8 year olds have their own scheduled activities & instructor

6-8 year olds have their own sheduled activites & instructor

9-11year olds have all of the above but can come and go as they please

12-15 year olds don't have as much structure and tend to hang out in the arcade.

Your kids will love the kids area. The instructors are college educated teachers and they play as well as learn. Our kids made volcanos explode, made their own rubber balls, got their faces painted and went on a treasure hunt and much more. They will have a blast. Enjoy your cruise!

I was just going to say that, too. No regular diapers or swim diapers are allowed in the pool, and I'll tell you the reason, besides the obvious. The pools are saltwater, and while they are chlorinated to a small degree, it's not enough to do away with the you-know-what that (no matter how "leakproof) will inevitably end up in the pool.

Cruisinqt: how long ago was your cruise? since the norwalk virus thing its pretty standard across the cruise lines that no swimmies or diapers at all for the wee ones.

Archived