Crowne Plaza - Vancouver, BC

creddick

I am thinking of staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Vancouver. I have booked the Sheraton Wall Centre but can cancel that. Has anybody stayed at the Crowne Plaza? Is it a nice hotel? Do you recommend it? Thanks for the help.

I am thinking of staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Vancouver. I have booked the Sheraton Wall Centre but can cancel that. Has anybody stayed at the Crowne Plaza? Is it a nice hotel? Do you recommend it? Thanks for the help.

Yes, we stayed here for two nights prior to our cruise on the Island Princess in May. The rooms vary from floor to floor - ours was 318. My friend and I need two beds and ended up on the third floor overloking the Four Seasons Hotel across the street. The bath was very small - could hardley shut the door after you were in. There was no hot water on the second morning and I was up early to get to the ship.

My friends room (1117)? was totally different and had a bath tub and shower. They had no problems at all.

We both booked through Hotwire at a rate of $67 per night so for the price you can't beat the location or price! Overall the room was very comfortable. The desk staff was a bit rude when I complained about the hot water and I guess that was because I booked through Hotwire. Since I was rewards member I submitted comments when I got home through the national website. I think they need to have the feedback - in this case.

If you decide to stay - just make sure you ask for a room on the upper floors - with large bath.

I was lucky enough to have enough priority club points to stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Vancouver the night before our Alaskan cruise last August. I believe it's a historic site in downtown Vancouver. Lots of brass and mahogony. Because of the priority points, they gave us a suite on the top floor and the room was huge. If we were to go on another cruise out of Vancouver and we got the room for the $67 rate mentioned, even knowing we probably wouldn't get another suite, we would stay there again.

Tim

Archived