Zenith-is it worth $800 to upgrade

cruisinwitdagang

If your are in 5122 and above - maybe.

But....

When are you going?

And yes the 6083 is more stable - if you hit rough weather.

If you have motion problems and react very quickly then move.

But if this is the Bermuda run.... You are in dock for a few days so 1/2 the trip is no problem.

I was aft on deck 5 , an inside,in cabin 5140. It was great. I don't think you really need to spend another 800 unless you want a view. Remember, you are docked for 5 days. It won't be rocking :) . You will need that money onshore because it is very expensive there

Have a great time

JEff

We have been on both decks - 5159 (last OV on port side) - it was very noisy & lots of vibration due to the engines & I had a terrible time sleeping because of it. It was great for the 3 nights in Bermuda - but I would steer clear of the far aft cabins if the noise and vibration will keep you awake during the 4 nights at sea.

We were in 6061 last year - a real improvement, but I can see your dilemma in deciding with such a big price difference.

P.S. I just had a look to see where the two cabins are that you are comparing - 6083 is under the dining room and I wonder if you'll hear noise when they are cleaning up after late seating? 5049 is not as far aft as we were, so you may not get the engine noise and vibration that we experienced. If it was my decision, I think I would keep the $800. and put it towards my next cruise:)

As far as movement.... we had rough seas on both trips and although mid ship was a little better.... if you are prone to seasickness (as I am) you'll feel it in either cabin.

We just left Zenith Cabin 5047 on the Europa Deck

and we had minimal noise...

I had no problems sleeping and I landed in the juncture between the two beds...it never bothered me so I never asked for a mattress pad to help minimize it.

I was never on a cruise before....

not one bit of seasickness....

a little queasy one day, but I blame it on taking Claritin D on an empty stomach...once I ate- I was fine.

Bernadette

I was aft on deck 5 , an inside,in cabin 5140. It was great. I don't think you really need to spend another 800 unless you want a view. Remember, you are docked for 5 days. It won't be rocking :) . You will need that money onshore because it is very expensive there

Have a great time

JEff

Glad to hear 5140 was a good reoom... I'll be in it next week! Who were the cabin stewards???

On the first few cruises I took I used the patch but it left me with a very dry mouth, coated tongue and a strange feeling. I then tried Bonine on my last 5 cruises and what a difference in the way I felt. I take one tablet a day starting the day before I board the ship and have never gotten sick, queasy or drowsy. It is a lot cheaper than the patch which is a prescription. I get a box of 8 tablets at WalMart for around $2.89. Hope this info helps.

Glad to hear 5140 was a good reoom... I'll be in it next week! Who were the cabin stewards???

Hi name was George. Very nice fellow. I asked him for certiain things, like juice to in the cabin in the afternnoon and coffee in the morning and it was taken care of. We were very happy with him.

The only time I ever heard any noise or felt any vibration was when they were docking. Otherwise we never knew there were engines :D .

Have a great time!!

Jeff

I wouldn't pay 800.00 for an upgrade to the 6th floor. We were on the sixth floor outside cabin on my last cruise on the Zenith and the entire cabin didn;t cost 800.00 let alone pay that much for an upgrade. :eek:

I wouldn't pay 800.00 for an upgrade to the 6th floor. We were on the sixth floor outside cabin on my last cruise on the Zenith and the entire cabin didn;t cost 800.00 let alone pay that much for an upgrade. :eek:

But if your cruise was a 5 day Carribean one, there's a big difference in pricing between it and a 7 day Bermuda one:)

We were under the dining room on our last cruise to Bermuda and there was ALOT of noise around midnight......sounded like they were dragging chairs and tables across the floor...

But if your cruise was a 5 day Carribean one, there's a big difference in pricing between it and a 7 day Bermuda one:)

I'm sure you are correct about the difference between Carribbean and Bermuda pricing, but 800 for one floor, not in this lifetime.

Archived