Good Excursion in Ketchikan

LarryF

I'm sure this question has been posed many times, but our port time in Ketchican is very limited from 7am to 2pm (1:30 final boarding) next May. What are some good tours to consider other than helicopter or bi-plane tours as our budget would only allow up to $250-$300 total for the two of us. Is there a toursaver coupon for any of the helicoptor or bi-plane tours? If not, what's the best land based tours that could be done between 7:30am and 1:30pm? I'd like to do the Misty Fjords Cruise tour, but it does not appear that we would have enough time for that and I sure don't want to be worrying whether we back to the ship on time!

Thanks,

Larry

We did the boat tour to Misty Fjords and made our reservations through the ship. Don't know what ship you are on but check to see if they list that excursion, book it through your ship, and then you won't have to worry about getting back on time.

We did the boat tour to Misty Fjords and made our reservations through the ship. Don't know what ship you are on but check to see if they list that excursion, book it through your ship, and then you won't have to worry about getting back on time.

We are sailing on the Coral Princess May 21, 2007. They only have two offerings for Misty Fjords from Ketchikan and they are both Bi-plane tours that cost $560 and $600 repectively for 2. I just cannot afford this....so, other suggestions for tours in Ketchikan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Try booking the floatplane independantly rather than through the ship - that should be much cheaper.

I just did the zipline in Ketchikan - I could ride that thing all day! :D But for about the same price as the floatplane, I'd say the plane if you haven't done it before.

Larry ~ Southeastaviation has three different floatplane tours that run from 30 minutes to 65 minutes and cost $99 to $159 per person. Have fun!

Ali

Thanks. The 65 minute flight looks like a good solution!

Larry

Archived