5 things you couldnt cruise without

tiffani!

This is a great thread!

My 5 are:

- Small backpack to take into port (for hands free shopping!)

- Lanyard for my seapass and driver's license

- Blankie

- Pillow

- sunblock and lots of it (I'm a redhead):p

DON'T punch a hole in your drivers license to carry it on a lanyard! That will invalidate it!

1.) My own bed! (Yep, inflatable, topped with an eggcrate mattress, almost as nice as our waterbed at home.)

2.) Pop up hampers, 2, for darks and lights.

3.) A hanging net thing with cubbies for storing small items like swim suits, socks, scarves, nightgowns, etc

4.) My ipod and small speakers so we can have music in the room or on the balcony.

5.) A stack of $1.00 bills for tipping room service and others.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great "packing list" I took a little from everyones top 5! :D

Going on our first cruise in December on RCCL, the entire family is going 10+!:p

So that'll be mean 10 air mattresses, 10 pillows, 10 rolls of duct tape.........

Have a wonderful cruise!

1. Two pieces of cardboard, about 9"x11" to protect any photos we buy. I'm surprised how few people have this on packing lists as even a quick trip can wreak havoc on paper/photos/artwork, even in carry-on baggage. If I don't buy pics (as if!) I can just toss it out to make room for more souvenirs.

2. Earplugs - not just for noisy hotels or cabins (although that was my original use and has come in handy many times). Now, when traveling with a toddler I bring enough earplugs to supply every passenger in a two row radius from us in case he is "that" baby on the flight (it's a good thing they are light and small! It's most economical to buy a huge box from an industrial supply place, maybe $20 or $30 for 100pairs which does many trips, versus overpriced single pairs at the drugstore.) I'd hate to be "that" family that people remember "ruining" their flight!

3. A swimsuit. Even if you can buy one, there's a good chance it will be "retro" without meaning to be.:eek: (Only made this mistake once!) I carry this on with me to make sure it gets there, even if everything else doesn't.:D

4. A comb. (Make that two!) Forgot this on our Alaska cruise and it was four days (port stop number two no less) before I could buy a comb. Yuck! The hair salon didn't sell brushes or combs and being stubborn, I refused to waste 45 minutes (not to mention big bucks) to have my hair washed and blown out. Thank goodness for ball caps and scarves.:rolleyes:

5. A detailed map of the area where we're cruising. The progress map on the TV is nice, but I like a bit more detail (I'm a geek like that I guess!) I sometimes make notes on it, especially if I take a photo of neat geography and want to remember where it was.

1. My Camera / Memory Card! - (I am a photoholic)

2. Sun Screen - SPF 4 to make good use of my time outside

3. Flip Flops - I'd be miserable without them!

4. Chris! (Elttes Reven on the board.. He's been on every cruise I've ever been on!)

5. Drawstring backpack - I got it for free spring break 2004, and it's been to 3 continents with me! Really comes in handy as a day bag.

1. Books

2. Insulated Mug - I am a slow drinker, particularly when buried in 1

3. LED mini flashlight - fits in pocket, to look in closet for missing sock or to find path at night.

4. Digital Camera

5. Travel clock with two alarms - one time for each of us - no fighting over who's first in head.

• 2 weeks later...

My other half - or it wouldn't be worth going

Credit Card - or it wouldn't be worth her shopping

Our smiles and sense of humour

Splitter cable for ipod, so we can be romantic and share the music

And our slimmed down waistlines to make way for the indulgence

we've lost 24lb between us in the last 4 weeks and still got a month to go

I'll bypass the usual cameras, sunblock, etc as everyone takes those. So my 5 would be:

Coffee maker and coffee

Flameless candles

Flowers

Small cash (stack of $1's for tipping; roll of quarters for laundry)

We leave auto tips in place but take thank you cards for extra tips

A sixth: A GREAT BIG SMILE!

Cheers!

Tee

I'll bypass the usual cameras, sunblock, etc as everyone takes those. So my 5 would be:

Coffee maker and coffee

Flameless candles

Flowers

Small cash (stack of $1's for tipping; roll of quarters for laundry)

We leave auto tips in place but take thank you cards for extra tips

A sixth: A GREAT BIG SMILE!

Cheers!

Tee

You really take flowers with you? I love the idea of thank you cards, I'm gonna pick up a pack for our next sailing! Thanks!

p.s. if i dont quit reading this board i wont have room for my clothes...lol

You really take flowers with you? I love the idea of thank you cards, I'm gonna pick up a pack for our next sailing! Thanks!

p.s. if i dont quit reading this board i wont have room for my clothes...lol

If you carried the suggested inflatable mattress, pillows, coffee maker, flameless candles, power bar, hangars, flowers, shoe holders, hair dryer, curling iron, night light, flashlight, duct tape, etc, you could easily forget your clothes and not notice until you were on the ship. :D

You gotta love this thread. It is fun to see how different other people's priorities are. Maybe they should have a hardware store on every ship. :p

:eek: I forgot my most IMPORTANT thing that I cruise with, it saved me last time for sure!!!:eek:

DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!!!

I had a dress that decided it didn't want to stay on my shoulders and so I remembered that someone told me double sided tape would work. I had some packed with me just in case and BAM it worked like a charm!! I have found several uses for it since then.

:eek: I forgot my most IMPORTANT thing that I cruise with, it saved me last time for sure!!!:eek:

DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!!!

I had a dress that decided it didn't want to stay on my shoulders and so I remembered that someone told me double sided tape would work. I had some packed with me just in case and BAM it worked like a charm!! I have found several uses for it since then.

I agree!!!! Double-sided tape (they make it for clothes too people, not just the Scotch brand kind) has got to be a lifesaver. My husband even uses it when his shirts gap open at the bottom!:)

My list is:

1. single hole punch (for your room card)

2. lanyard (to attach your room card to - makes it easily accessible

and easy to find - extra great for kids)

3. Power strip

4. Hair dryer and curling iron (ship hair dryers traditionally are bad)

5. bungee cords (hold things open, closed, hang things from etc.)

Hope its helpful! Have a great trip!:D

We travel ALOT and I always say the same thing as we are leaving: As long as I have my meds, my underwear, and my money, I can go anywhere! Bigred (Well, I guess I would need my passport too depending on where we are going, but that is trip specific!)