Hampton Inn - Ft Lauderdale

spcl4cs_gal

I'm looking into two locations...

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport

2500 Stirling Road

Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North

2301 SW 12th Ave

Has anyone stayed at either of these? If so, what advice do you have to offer? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The strip mall did have a place to get wine. As for walking at 7:00 pm, it would probably be okay. The mall is right across the parking lot from the hotel. We didn't have any problems but we ate and shopped before 7:00 while it was daylight.

Stay away from the Stirling Ave. location if you plan on walking anywhere in the evening or after dark. We were at the Comfort Inn right next door (it was a DUMP) and there were women who appeared to be rentable by the hour hanging out along with a rough looking crowd just milling around when we checked in around midnight.

I had no problems walking to the McDonalds up the street the next morning and there was a mall or two within walking distance but, as the sun went down I wouldn't want to venture out.

We'll be staying at the 12th st. Hampton Inn this time around. There is a poster who lives in the general area and I think his advice was it was still a questionable area after dark. You could search though some of the FLL threads to find his remarks to make sure I'm accurate.

Archived