Vancouver hotel

misha1

I just need some words of encouragement...I got Sutton Place Hotel on Priceline and cancelled Days Inn downtown. I have tried on Priceline for 3 months now and have gone back and forth with my bids but never varied from a 4 star level. I am dissapointed that I did not get Westin like many people say they are getting, but, by the looks of things, Sutton Place is nice. Is it? I do feel that I paid too much (from Priceline standards) but I did get it cheaper than Days Inn, even with all the taxes and what not. I did not hear such good things about Days Inn and that is what prompted me to start looking. Any inside info on this property would be appreciated. Thanks

I stayed at the Sutton Place for two nights before an Alaska cruise last August. We booked it via RCL and it included airport transfers. I usually stay at the Hyatt Regency when in Vancouver. We liked the hotel. It has two large towers. The one on the left is for long term guests. We saw a number of television people and their familes staying there. Pets too.

It is close to shopping, restaurants etc. You can walk to the harbor. If you want, there is a Denny's across the street and a small super market even closer.

One thing.... do not take the Airporter shuttle bus from the airport. It took over 90 minutes to get to Sutton Place. They make many stops along the way. We were given hotel transfers and I would have happily paid a taxi if I knew how long it would take to go the 20 minutes from the airport.

Bottom line..the hotel is fine and you will like it.

http://www.vancouver.suttonplace.com/

As someone who has stayed in hotels of all types all over the world on business and pleasure, the Sutton Place is one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in. Easily superior to many Hyatts, Marriotts and 99% of other chain hotels I have stayed in.

And it is better located than any of the other hotels you mentioned. You are only one block off Robson, Vancouver's main street. You can walk to a ton of great restaurants and shopping.

You got a great deal.

i live in L.A. but work in vancouver. i stay at the pacific palisades and used to stay at the westin grand but that is just personal preference. we put all our cast at the sutton. do not go to dennys! out the front door turn left 100 feet then left again down robson. walk down 5 blocks, cross the street and walk back up 5 blocks. 50 restaurant choices. Joe Fortes excellent but expensive, cin cin excellent not as expensive lots of other choices. also plenty of shopping. cruise ship terminal is a 7-9 dollar cab ride you can take a cab from the airport to the sutton 29 dollars or go to the visitor center after customs and you get your luggage but before exiting the secured area and get a limo for 41 canadian.

7 dollar cab ride from the sutton is yaletown, great for after dinner drinks and an easy walk back to the sutton.

have a great time.

Stayed a number of years ago at Sutton Place for four or five days, and it is an excellent hotel, with very nice accomodations.

This September we are staying one night at the Pan Pacific before boarding Infinity for an Alaskan cruise. We have their Alaskan Cruise Package, which includes breakfast, late checkout, and transfer of luggage to Canada Place. We can walk over from the hotel and check in. It is pricey, but the convenience and staying in a really elegant hotel with a great view is worth it.

I just need some words of encouragement...I got Sutton Place Hotel on Priceline and cancelled Days Inn downtown.

It looks as though you got a good hotel. Have a great trip.:)

I work in d/t Vancouver and have toured the SPH. It's very nice. Trust me, I look out onto the Days Inn from my office and you DO NOT want to stay there. Be glad you changed. There are so many wonderful hotels in d/t Vancouver. We use the Renaissance Harbourside for our corporate guests and it has a great view of the harbour (and a lot cheaper than the Pan Pacific). SPH is a great location for shopping and the hotel has great food as well. Have a great time in Vancouver.

I am so pleased that this hotel is well recommended by my cruise critic friends. I am really looking forward to visiting the fine city of Vancouver. Thank you all for the very words of encouragement I needed tonight. Happy 4th to my fellow Americans.

Archived