Hairdryers on board

Okay this may seem like a very prissy girl question but I will ask anyway. :-) I have noticed that hairdryers are included in the cabins (we are sailing on Mariner in Sept) but I am curious if they are sufficient or should I pack one from home? In other words, are they the little dinky ones that you find in hotels that take forever to dry your hair?

Not a prissy question at all.

I agree, take your own.

We are all accustomed to the way our own personal dryer works. Mine has to have slow AND warm available, because I have a lot of very fine hair. Therefore, it dries fast, but looks like a wind tunnel hit me if the air blows too fast or too hot, because I have to get the under hair dry before I can style the outer hair. Only 3-speed dryers work. Most hotels and cruise ships are 2-speed.

Okay this may seem like a very prissy girl question but I will ask anyway. :-) I have noticed that hairdryers are included in the cabins (we are sailing on Mariner in Sept) but I am curious if they are sufficient or should I pack one from home? In other words, are they the little dinky ones that you find in hotels that take forever to dry your hair?

I have very long, thick hair and I have not had a problem with a hairdryer on the ship yet. Don't know if they are the same in every cabin or not .... but so far I have been fine with them.

I have very long, thick hair and I have not had a problem with a hairdryer on the ship yet. Don't know if they are the same in every cabin or not .... but so far I have been fine with them.

I agree - I have very hard to style long, thick and frizzy hair, and the hairdryers in the cabin were just fine. I did bring my straightening iron along for touch-ups, but it wasn't necessary to lug around my heavy-duty ionic hair dryer from home. After all, while we want to look nice for dinner, we are still on vacation...

I am stupidly fussy about having my own hairdryer, blah, blah, blah...... I find the ones on Royal Caribbean work perfectly well and give the desired end result!! And it means you have a tiny bit more space in your suitcase for all those island purchases!!

I am stupidly fussy about having my own hairdryer, blah, blah, blah...... I find the ones on Royal Caribbean work perfectly well and give the desired end result!! And it means you have a tiny bit more space in your suitcase for all those island purchases!!

Archived